• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Advertising Campaign

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    "Whaddaya mean Fennekin has Bite?"
    "JOHNNY?!?"

(Modeled from a Barq's commercial.)

Cyclone

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I'd love to see an anime-like trailer advertisement again, tbh! The animations of advertising the game just really, really, appealed to me so much that I went off to buy B2W2 in a pre-order; it was the first time I ever pre-ordered a game, in-fact!

Agreed, and they should work it into TV adverts and show it at cons too, something they really need to do here in Britain cause Nintendo UK isn't very good at advertising, hopefully they step up their game with X and Y here, I want to see stands, in-store demonstrations, more TV ads.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Maybe it can be advertised at a big event. Like, idk, after the games are released, it could be a big thing at the American Thanksgiving Parade? Or even advertised at any other "notable" time. I'm not sure when buuut I think they might have a concentration of hooking kids in at big events that appeal to children this time around. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    hopefully another anime trailer

I hope so too! The anime trailer was definitely an appealing part of the B2/W2 advertising campaign and if that type of advertisement returned I think it would definitely increase the interest in the games, and chances are it probably will, too!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I hope so too! The anime trailer was definitely an appealing part of the B2/W2 advertising campaign and if that type of advertisement returned I think it would definitely increase the interest in the games, and chances are it probably will, too!

Funny thing. Majority of the people I sold them two and the many workers at the local Gamestops I work near NEVER saw that trailer until I pulled it up on my phone for them. They had all gotten the games months before they found the trailer. So really that did very little to help the sales. The name alone makes the sales.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well that is true, but for an Internet audience that's sitting here on nothing really, the interest will build up, and stay stable for longer, rather than the games just coming out and them being like "oh right those games are out, nothing really got me hyped for them, though..." as opposed to people more eagerly rushing out to buy them. That's just my opinion at least in regards to the Internet audience which craves things like that.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well we kinda already have the trailer so far. Did they release a video trailer other than the animated on for B2W2? If not then we may already have ours posted on Pokemon.com.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah, most of the Pokémon sales come from fan recognizion , people who pick up the games due to the anime (usually new younger fans), and word of mouth (telling your best friends they should buy the new games, and how awesome they look/are).

Back