• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to easily make a pokemon mmorpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
Years
  • I saw a thread saying that these guys were making a pokemon mmorpg and i remembered a program that made mmorpg's . That program is called Eclipse. It is a simple and easy to use mmorpg maker, and many games have been made with it. There is a new version out that allows even more control over the game than before. But before i get into that i should explain things a little bit. Eclipse is totally free, it makes 2d games. Just like all the other games you make. I have never actually been able to use the program, because my computer is incompatible. But i have seen other peoples games, and they looked good. This may sound like an ad, but it's not. I'm just telling everyone so that we may get game dev, going at a faster pace. I just can't wait a year for a pokemon game to come out. (Except for official ones) A link to the site is at the bottom of the post, and the site has many tutorials, and resources on it's own. You may find it easier to use than RMXP, or harder. It depends on your level of experience. That is about all i know about it so far. Please respond with your thoughts.

Link: Eclipse site

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    The Dash Yes but it would still require an immense ammount of coding to get all the Pokémon systems in..

Well, so does RMXP, but since RMXP is more widely used, most of the coding can be found all over the net, which may make Eclipse a tad harder.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    meh, I've tried eclipse and i didn't find it very good. To make a MMO I think there are a few scripts floating around for RMXP.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Hmm... never tried that one. maybe I should take a look at it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2010
    is there any pokemon scrpts people could give me for any pokemon mmorpg in any of the above game enginge's?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back