• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon... a fading fad?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
Years
  • Yup, especially when the Mangas' storyline is getting really interesting (Suicune, Euisune[this guy is really cool IMO], Crystal, plus Gold; Silver's mysterious disappearance after they plunged into the Lake of Rage). So I consider myself lucky that I live somewhere where Pokemon Adventures/Special in English continues.

Psyduck

Buy Pokemon Stuff on Ebay
    Years
  • Zapchu said:
    i don't like yugioh and i never got into it, maybe cause of the way the characters are drawn in anime. (his hair...annoys me, the way it sticks up) if yugioh was drawn differently in the anime, i MIGHT have gotten into it.

=/ maybe if the pokemon anime was drawn differently more people would stick with it? i think first impression really counts. right now, they are gearing it towards kids only. not for older people. and its the older people around 15-22 years old now (2003) that started loving pokemon when it started in 1998/1997. i'm quite dissapoinrted yugioh cards replaced pokemon cards in the local card shop. =/ no offense, but the yugioh cards are ugly in my opinion, and they might be scarey to some kids. yet...many kids love yugioh as they did with pokemon, digimon, ect;. =-=; sighhh...we may never get how the "fad factor" works.

dbz is still popular with many people and it is a very old anime. maybe if pokemon had violent battles more people would like it??? o_O; people must have a thing for violence and more mature cartoons. cause they think "cute cartoons are for kids". but we were all once "kids".

for me, i will always like pokemon =D i will be the last fan standing. whahahahha :badsmile:

I'll be standing right next to you, you can count on that.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Well, I was introduced to Pokemon through the TV show/Anime. I liked it at first...but...sometimes the filler episodes can be annoying. :/ (looks like everyone agrees with me. ;D) "Team Rocket's bastin' off again!" "Go, Pikachu, Thundershock!" and blah, blah... I abandoned it after a while when one day, my brother introduced me to this site. Yes, this site was te thing to get me up on Pokemon. After I joined, I began to play Silver again (which I abandoned it years age... o.o; ) and I was quickly hooked, playing it on the bus, on the subways/MRT... I found out that Pokemon is a wonderful game. And now, I'm adding Pokemon Ruby to my Christmas list. ;D But even though I said that the anime was bad, I still watch it, I feel like Satoshi has grown up. =D

I think that Pokemon is indeed, fading away, but that's not because Yuugioh. Well, I (and my brother) blame the anime for causing this. (If they made Pokemon Special into an anime, it'll be a big hit! o.o; ) But I belive that it will live on through the fans. n_n

(Well, I like Yuugioh...It has a nice plot...with alot of depth in the storyline... >.>; )

Tweak

:P ohhhh man if the manga Pokemon Special was made into an anime my eyes would HOOK onto it. =O they should consider Pokemon OVA's!!!

=-= i love the manga storyline, it is geared towards both kids and older audiences!! it is a lovely match. unlike the current anime, mostly geared towards younger audiences.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Pokemon OVAs? Wow, good idea! XD
    I agree about the anime directed towards younger kids... :/ They should really do something about that... I'll just hope for a pokemon OVA. =P

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • Purin said:
    Sorry but what's a OVA? ^_^;;
    An "OVA" is short for Original Video Animation. They're basically episodes that are somewhat the same to specials and have an "alternate-universe" theme to it. I say alternate universe because it's just a separate adventure that the characters have and don't relate back (or are affected) to it in the actual series. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2004
    I like YGO and Pokemon. I don't care who wins the battle, I'm just in it for the monsters blowing each other up. :badsmile: The Images on YGO cards are a bit disturbing, being the reason that they were banned at my afterschool... Anyways, Pokemon replaced DBZ, YGO replaced Pokemon, and I'll bet the new cartoon on KidsWB called 'Astro Boy' will replace YGO, and so on and so forth. Pokemon will die... eventually... but I'll be one of the last fans standing...

Years
  • ASTRO BOY???!!!!!! LMAO!!!

That remake of the classic Astro Boy will never EVER replace Yu-Gi-Oh nor Pokemon! I mean... I've watched the original episodes of it and it was very very very corny and stupid just like the old SPeed Racer... XD

Years
  • SPecial? SPecial's a manga... Ms. Arwen... daughter of Elrond. Of course unless TV tokyo would make it into an anime... it would be AWESOME!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back