• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hey everyone. I understand the title says do not request scripts, but I have been annoyed by this script for the whole day now. It just doesnt work.

I need a script where a guy will not move out of the way until I have AT LEAST one pokemon with me.

for example, this is what I tried doing (i know there is a chunk of code missing probably but I've tried everything written so much deleted so much, etc)

So this means that it just checks if you have a Pokemon with you?

So in convenience just use checkflag 0x828, (I don't know to do it in PKSV but I think that should do it :)) Just do that... :) Also checkflag 0x828 checks if you have the Pokemon Menu and setflag 0x828 activates the Pokemon Menu... :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014

So this means that it just checks if you have a Pokemon with you?

So in convenience just use checkflag 0x828, (I don't know to do it in PKSV but I think that should do it :)) Just do that... :) Also checkflag 0x828 checks if you have the Pokemon Menu and setflag 0x828 activates the Pokemon Menu... :)

Yeah, it's supposed to do this:

There is a pathway blocked by Oak's scientist, and he will only allow me to pass if I have at least one Pokemon.

What you told me worked, but only when I have a pokemon. However, before getting me starter, he does not even interact. I can't get him to say "I cannot allow you beyond this point without a Pokemon".

He stays inactive until I do have a Pokemon.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Yeah, it's supposed to do this:

There is a pathway blocked by Oak's scientist, and he will only allow me to pass if I have at least one Pokemon.

What you told me worked, but only when I have a pokemon. However, before getting me starter, he does not even interact. I can't get him to say "I cannot allow you beyond this point without a Pokemon".

He stays inactive until I do have a Pokemon.

Then make a condition, I'm sorry I can't help you since I don't know much scripting in PKSV but, I can't help you with the script in XSE... :)

Here's a script in XSE form... :)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
The XSE one didn't work, so I recreated one from the ground up. Works great until he has to move out of the way. Without a pokemon, he doesn't let me pass. But with a pokemon, he acknowledges I have a pokemon and says I can pass, but doesn't move. Can you check it please?

#org 0x8740308
'-----------------------------------
lock
checkflag FR_POKEMON
if true jump 0x8740348 ' Flag is set
message 0x874031B ' I'm sorry, you canno...
showmsg
waitbutton
release
end

#org 0x8740348
message 0x8740358 ' Ah! You can pass!
showmsg
waitbutton
applymovement 0x4 0x874036A ' walk_left end
release
end

#org 0x874031B
= I'm sorry, you cannot pass\nwaitout a POK\eMON

#org 0x8740358
= Ah! You can pass!

#org 0x874036A
M walk_left end

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
The XSE one didn't work, so I recreated one from the ground up. Works great until he has to move out of the way. Without a pokemon, he doesn't let me pass. But with a pokemon, he acknowledges I have a pokemon and says I can pass, but doesn't move. Can you check it please?

Of course it won't work if you compile it using PKSV use XSE to compile that script... :)

Are you sure it's person event number 4? Your last script is person event number 3 you should check the person event number in A-map if it's correct... :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014

Of course it won't work if you compile it using PKSV use XSE to compile that script... :)

Are you sure it's person event number 4? Your last script is person event number 3 you should check the person event number in A-map if it's correct... :)

I meant it didn't work even when I translated it into PKSV :)

And yeah it's no.4 now:)

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
I edited it around and it worked (code below) :)
Thank you very much for your help and efforts, very much appreciated :D Without 0x828 I would have been stuck at square one. Thanks:)

#org 0x8740308
lock
checkflag FR_POKEMON
if true jump 0x8740348 ' Flag is set
message 0x874031B ' I'm sorry, you canno...
showmsg
waitbutton
release
end

#org 0x8740348
message 0x8740378 ' go
showmsg
waitbutton
release
applymovement 0x4 0x874036A ' walk_left end
end

#org 0x874031B
= I'm sorry, you cannot pass\nwaitout a POK\eMON

#org 0x8740378
= go

#org 0x874036A
M walk_left end

Years

Ok guys,I'm in need of some help here.
I'm trying to add new trainers into Pokemon Emerald,and when I give them their script and talk to them,it works normally.
But,when I adjust the view radius using Advance Map (1.92 and 1.95),all the trainer says is
CeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCe and so on
for a few minutes then the battle begins with a random trainer from the game.
After the battle though,the trainer is normal except that he doesn't say anything after the battle.
I would appreciate some help as this is my first post on here.

This is the script:

#dynamic 0xB4D202

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x354 0x0 @intro @defeat
msgbox @msg 0x6
release
end

#org @intro
= I'm on my way to battle ROXANNE.\nI guess some extra training won't\lhurt though.

#org @defeat
= Have you beaten ROXANNE already?

#org @msg
= I guess I'll have to train some\nmore.

Can anyone help?

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
I have a minor problem. I modified (in XSE) the FRLG Lv. 25 Eevee script to give me a Lv. 5 Skarmory. The only changes I made are the Pokemon and level values. In-game, however, the Pokeball doesn't disappear after getting the Skarmory despite me setting exactly the same person event properties (like Movement, unknown, Person ID...) as the original person event in Advance Map. What causes this glitch, how can I solve it?

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
I decompiled this after it didn't work in game. The Overworld moves fine, but when the first msgbox is about to appear, you're frozen in place and the message box does not appear.
Also, does anyone know how to play the 'itemobtained!' fanfare when you're setting a flag? (Giving the player the running shoes)

My first assumption was the offset I used ran out of free-space, so it wouldn't work so I changed it. It still didn't work.

Thanks.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I decompiled this after it didn't work in game. The Overworld moves fine, but when the first msgbox is about to appear, you're frozen in place and the message box does not appear.
Also, does anyone know how to play the 'itemobtained!' fanfare when you're setting a flag? (Giving the player the running shoes)

My first assumption was the offset I used ran out of free-space, so it wouldn't work so I changed it. It still didn't work.

Thanks.
Spoiler:
Try using msgbox 0x6 rather than 0x2.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Ok guys,I'm in need of some help here.
I'm trying to add new trainers into Pokemon Emerald,and when I give them their script and talk to them,it works normally.
But,when I adjust the view radius using Advance Map (1.92 and 1.95),all the trainer says is
CeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCeCe and so on
for a few minutes then the battle begins with a random trainer from the game.
After the battle though,the trainer is normal except that he doesn't say anything after the battle.
I would appreciate some help as this is my first post on here.

This is the script:

#dynamic 0xB4D202

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x354 0x0 @intro @defeat
msgbox @msg 0x6
release
end

#org @intro
= I'm on my way to battle ROXANNE.\nI guess some extra training won't\lhurt though.

#org @defeat
= Have you beaten ROXANNE already?

#org @msg
= I guess I'll have to train some\nmore.

Can anyone help?
The dynamic offset you're using might have run out of free space, but that's just a guess.
Probably wrong though
Try using msgbox 0x6 rather than 0x2
It did occur to me - they were all originally the 0x6 callstd, but it still didn't work.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2018
Alright, I'm kind of having the same problem as EHero except I'm using Emerald. Everything works fine until the nicknaming part where nothing happens. I'm pretty sure I'm using the wrong script for nicknaming because I don't know what the offset for the nicknaming script in Emerald is. Could anyone help me? I know my pointers are a bit confusing... xD

Spoiler:

Edit:
Alright, having another problem with wildbattle. Script will be below. I have a charizard sitting in my character's room and have a Lv. 100 Swampert in my front slot with the Pokemon Menu enabled. I have the charizard's sprite set to Person ID 0200 and Movement type as Look Around. However, when I try to interact with the charizard and it just beeps and no text or anything happens. I can only think of two problems; 1. I screwed up in scripting or 2. I can't cause a battle because it's in the player's room. Can anyone help me out with this as well?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Ok i need help with my script. It is a level script and for some reason at the end of the script there japanese text starts popping up when the script is just supposed to end!
Here is my script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x6D2A3C
#org @start
setvar 0x4033 0x1
setflag 0x201
applymovement 0x3 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move2
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @2 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move3
applymovement 0xFF @move3
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @3 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move4
applymovement 0xFF @move4
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @4 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move5
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @5 0x6
applymovement 0x3 @move6
waitmovement 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x08
#raw 0x08
#raw 0xFE
#org @move2
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move3
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x0A 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x0A
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x09 
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move4
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x09
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x0B 
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x08 
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x0B
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE
#org @move5
#raw 0x56
#raw 0x02
#raw 0xFE
#org @move6
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x01
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x16
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x17
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x15
#raw 0x02
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0x17 
#raw 0xFE
#org @1
= [PLAYER]! It's me dad!\pBefore you say anything abut my\nhair! The hair dresser screwed up\land gave me this emo cut!\pAnyway, i'm back! It is so nice to\nsee you [PLAYER]!\pI don't have much time but let me\nshow you around a little bit!\pFollow me.
#org @2 
= This in front of us is the\nPokemart.\pIn here you can buy and sell\nthings.\pThere is one of theese in almost\nevery town, city, or villige.
#org @3 
= This is the Pokemon Center.\pHere you can heal up all of your\ntired or fainted Pokemon back to\lfull health.\pIn the upstairs part of the\nPokemon center you can trade and\lconnect with people world wide!
#org @4 
= Right in front of us is a Pokemon\nGym.\pGym's consit of trainers that you\nmust battle to challenge the Gym\lLeader.\pThe Gym leader is a very powerful\ntrainer.\pEach gym usses a different type.\pFor example a gym might only use\nFighting types.\pOr a gym might use all electric\ntypes.\pWhen you beat a gym leader they\nwill usually give you a new TM.\lAnd shall always give you a badge\lto show you beat them.\pWhen you get all 8 badges you can\nenter the Pokemon League.\pThere you can battle the Elite 4\nand the champion.\pThey are the strongest trainers in\nall of the Arorian Region.\pIf you can beat the Elite 4 and\nthe champion without losing all\lyour Pokemon then your are truely\lthe Pokemon champion.
#org @5
= Will you look at the time!\pI have to go [PLAYER]!\nI'll see you soon.\lBye

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
I feel so noobish asking for help on this, but I've totally run out of patience and ideas to make this work. I'm brand new to scripting, and have just started to try to add script into the first town I've mapped in Advance Map. I've basically copied the coding from tutorials, but for some reason, when I add the script, there's no effect in the game, or the game will lock up. All I'm trying to do is get a NPC to say some stupid little thing like they do in all Pokemon games.

Script
Spoiler:

Then upon compiling, I copied the code listed in Dynamic Offsets, and inserted it into the map, saved, and booted it up. Upon talking to the person I'd listed the code for, no text or message box appeared, and I couldn't move my character anymore. Can someone help me please?

Years
I feel so noobish asking for help on this, but I've totally run out of patience and ideas to make this work. I'm brand new to scripting, and have just started to try to add script into the first town I've mapped in Advance Map. I've basically copied the coding from tutorials, but for some reason, when I add the script, there's no effect in the game, or the game will lock up. All I'm trying to do is get a NPC to say some stupid little thing like they do in all Pokemon games.

Script
Spoiler:

Then upon compiling, I copied the code listed in Dynamic Offsets, and inserted it into the map, saved, and booted it up. Upon talking to the person I'd listed the code for, no text or message box appeared, and I couldn't move my character anymore. Can someone help me please?
Use Free SPace Finder to find a offset. Also when you compile and copy the offset are you pasting that into advanced map?

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Mining Script

Game: FireRed BPRE
Type: Mining Script
Editor: XSE 1.1.1

Script:
Spoiler:

The script executes itself, checks for the item, and sometimes gives me items as it should. It just never displays any messages that I've put in. I do get the jiggle and obtain when i do get an item, however. I'm fairly new to this, but I'm not new to message scripts. I've tried everything I can think of, and nothing works. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2018

Script
Spoiler:

1st of all, make sure you're using XSE 1.1.1 (Go to Help > About and it should say XSE Version 1.1.1), if you aren't then you need to get that dl. 2nd, when you compile your code copy the offset next to start and in advance map paste that into "script offset" for the person event you want to have say "I love these flowers!".

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2012
1st of all, make sure you're using XSE 1.1.1 (Go to Help > About and it should say XSE Version 1.1.1), if you aren't then you need to get that dl. 2nd, when you compile your code copy the offset next to start and in advance map paste that into "script offset" for the person event you want to have say "I love these flowers!".
Use Free SPace Finder to find a offset. Also when you compile and copy the offset are you pasting that into advanced map?

I took both of your advice, and downloaded XSE 1.1.1 and downloaded Free Space Finder. Using FSF, I found a free offset, and plugged it into the following code
Spoiler:

Then I compiled the script, copied the @start offset into Advance Map, and booted the ROM. This time, I have no idea what's happening, but when I went to speak to the NPC, my character walked up one tile, and the screen turned black. Anyone have any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back