• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How To Insert Tiles For N00bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
  • INSERTING TILES FOR N00BS

First->Sorry for my bad english I am German:P

Hello guys! Have you ever seen hacks with cool tiles?
    You want to insert tiles but you don't know?! Well here is a very simple tutorial made originaly by shawnFrost but I have made it in english ( No I did not use the useless google translate)
    Well Here is what you will need:

• Any ROM (Ruby,Emerald,FireRed)
    • Advance Map
    • Character Maker Pro
    • InfranView
    • ROM(R,E,FR)
    • Paint
    • Tiles of your choice
    • Choosing Your Tile
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

• First Choose The Tile: Here is the tiles I chose from Rata
      Spoiler:
    • Open The Tile In Paint: Here you will open the tile and select the ones you want
      Spoiler:
    • Select A Transparent Color: You need to have 15 Colors+ The forground color(or transparent color)...Here I chose the color (A default Blue) After This Save.
      Spoiler:
    • Make The Tiles 16 Color: You will need to open Infran View and select image then Decrease Color depth & select 16 colors then save it. Follow Teh Pics
      Spoiler:
    • Editing The Palette:You will open the Tile with CMP(Character Maker Pro) Once it is open it should look like this
      Spoiler:
      Then Go to Paletas and Edit Paleta It should look like this
      Spoiler:
      Okay here is the main part Now you can see the blue color which is the transparent one but in A-Map it has to be the first color in the Palette... So basically copy the Blue color to the front and the Black (first one in the Palette) To where the blue one was at... Once you are done it should look like this
      Spoiler:
      After this Save The Palette in "Guardar Paleta" select any place that is easy to access then save the Picture or your tiles.
    • Inserting The Tiles(Part1): Okay so Now open A-map and then open the block editor like this
      Spoiler:
      Here I selected Pal2 Because that is the Grass,Trees, etc... Okay Now select Palette>Load Palette From Current File... Then Look for the palette file we saved earlier...
      Spoiler:
      Then go to Picture & save tilesheet1 and exit block editor and save changes...
    • Inserting The Tiles(Part2):Now Open The Tiles you saved earlier and open the BMP file you just saved... Now copy the tiles and paste them into the tilesheet after you are done it should look like this:
      Spoiler:
      Now Open A-map and load the Tilesheet like so
      Spoiler:
      Then Edit the old trees and with the new tiles and here is what the new stuff should look like
      Spoiler:
    Credits: Rata For his Ruby remake tiles, Shawn Frost for the Original Tutorial

If it is too complicated please tell me so :)
    ~Bye

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    i wouldn't be the one to judge if its too complicated i can only very rarely understand text tutorials..

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2014
    I'll probably sound like a real noob with this question, but how do you select the tiles?

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • I'll probably sound like a real noob with this question, but how do you select the tiles?
    By select what do you mean?
    Getting the tiles or selecting them in paint?
    In Paint you use the tool "select" and if it is a tile like lets say tall grass make sure you select 16x16 pixels :3
    Like so
    Spoiler:

But if you ment like finding the tile try www.deviantart.com

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • your directions are horrible i could only follow until the cmp
    Sorry you did not understand this.Well I do have to say I was not very clear I will work on this tutorial today again. But especially on the cmp part and above, I will try to be as clear as possible;)
    If anyone needs help drop a VM/Pm :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2014
    Sorry for the rude way of speaking but I literally dont understand the pallent thing because i was trying to search how to insert tilesets for almost 2 months.....sorry but tnx I''l try to understand

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2014
    Because your instructions is incomplete so...HOW DID U INSERT THE PICTURE IN THE CMP???? And when i try to insert one a error would say File is not effective...!

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • Because your instructions is incomplete so...HOW DID U INSERT THE PICTURE IN THE CMP???? And when i try to insert one a error would say File is not effective...!
    Hmm I over saw this problem... Well here it is resolved: In order to allow cmp to open the tile you want it has to be in BMP format. So basically Make the tile 16 colors after that you will save it but as a BMP format :P then open with CMP and follow the rest of the tut

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back