• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shentavo Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
Years
  • Alright, this is an RP similar to the Pokemon Academy, except that it's designed for students and Pokemon with somewhat...odd abilities. The Academy itself is located in a remote corner between Hoenn, Kanto, and Johto. The climate varies greatly from season to season. The facilities are tucked into a mountain valley, highly conducive to altitude and adverse terrain training. Students are expected to train along with their Pokemon and do everything their Pokemon does, within reason. Myself and the first two other people to sign up will be the first year's teachers. We will control any Academy staff. Anyone we deem to have progressed enough after their first year at the Academy will be promoted to Student-Teacher upon their return from break. Campus facilities include:
    10 battle arenas
    Wilderness (for terrain training and for use during off hours)
    Boy's and Girls's dorms (It's a boarding school, folks, with a two-week break per season)
    Seperated shower facilities
    Pools of varying depths
    Padded sparring areas
    Padded magic practice rooms
    Top-notch medical facilities
    Cafeteria
    Armory
    Target range

Classes offered include:
    Gym Leader Training Course (Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Pokemon Training courses required. Basic Pokemon Breeding Required)
    Basic Pokemon Training
    *Intermediate Pokemon Training
    *Advanced Pokemon Training
    Basic Pokemon Breeding
    *Intermediate Pokemon Breeding
    *Advanced Pokemon Breeding
    Self-Defense
    Basic Combat
    *Intermediate Combat
    *Advanced Combat
    Basic Armed Combat
    *Intermediate Armed Combat
    *Advanced Armed Combat
    Introductory Magic
    Ki Control
    Basic Elemental Magic
    *Intermediate Elemental Magic
    *Advanced Elemental Magic

*-Requires sucessful completion of preceeding course for enrollment

Students may take a maximum of 9 classes per year, a minimum of 6. Students are expected to complete all classwork. Students recieving a failing grade in one third of their classe for three consecutive seasons are expelled.

Follow my bio format

Name: Hideaki
    Pokemon: Mightyena, Alakazam, Absol, Espeon, Hitmonlee, Pidgeot (students arrive with 1-2 Pokemon and may catch others as they see fit.)
    Classes Taught: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced Training, Basic, Intermediate Advanced Armed Combat, Introductory Magic, Ki Control, Off (Classes Taken for Students)
    Appearance: Blue Polo shirt and blue jeans, leather belt with Pokeballs, green eyes, short brown hair, tall.
    Personality: Normally reserved, he can occasionally get into diatribes on random subjects that last hours and tend to scare anybody in his general vicinity. Ruthless and experienced in battle, wether with Pokemon, weapons, or fists.
    Hometown: Lavaridge

Alright, lt's see how this turns out, y'alls.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • Woo! Sounds like fun!!

Name: Corazon
    Pokemon: Shiny Togetec, Ralts, Xatu
    Classes: Advanced Pokemon Training, Advanced Pokemon Breeding, Gym Leader's Trainign Course, Self Defense, Advanced Elemental Magic, Intermediate Armed Combat
    Appearence: Short, black hair, grey eyes, wears a sweatshirt and jeans nearly all the time.
    Personality: A bit rough, some may say. She can be a bit distant for... her own reasons..... has EXTREMELY close bonds with her Pokemon and is especially fond of Psychic elements. (again, for her own reasons...) wants to find someone to share a lasting relationship with, but only if they are willing to understand her.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Name: Yukiko
    Rank: 1st year (whatever age that is...I wan't clear on that.)
    Pokemon: Seel (Andre) and Chikorita (Sakura)
    Classes: Basic Pokemon Training, Basic Pokemon Breeding, Intermediate Combat, Intermediate Armed Combat, Introductory magic, Basic Elemental Magic, Ki Control
    Appearance: Almost-white, hair in a very short bob with bangs, and very fair skin. She tends to dress in light, pure colors, and only wears black if a bad mood dictates it to be so. She is a little short, and very fit. She has striking, icy blue eyes.
    Personality: Very quiet, and picks things up very easily. She does not have any psychic abilities per say, but does have a very close, understanding bond with her and others' Pokemon. She has been said to be able to understand their language. She is also a very determined, and accomplished fighter. She has studied a little of many different martial arts styles, and therefore tested out of self defense and the basic level combat classes. She is very loyal to her friends, sharing a deep understanding and appreciation of them. She may be interested in finding a guy to be with, but only if he is understanding of her.
    Hometown: Blackthorn

capalex65

Anyone need a website done..?
    Years
  • sounds like fun i want to be a teatcher(sp?)

Name: Alex
    Pokemon: Espeon, Alakazam, (Latias, Latios), Castform, Xatu
    and if i don't get Latias and Latios then: Espeon, Alakazam, Xatu, Deoxys, Deoxys-F, Deoxys-L (Deoxys-F is the second pkmn on my trainer card and Deoxys-L is the third)
    and if i dont get the Deoxyses then Alakazam, Espeon, Xatu, Umbreon, Castform, Houndoom
    Classes Taught: Basic, Intermediate, Advanced Training, Basic, Intermediate
    Advanced Armed Combat, Introductory Magic, Ki Control, Off
    Look: Black clothes ,Black leather belt with pokeballs, Black leather gloves, Black cape with silver on the inside, black hair, has purple eyes cos of psychic abilities
    Personality: Nice and helpful will help other who need it
    Hometown: Blackthorn

Morphasis

Morphing Wolfgon
    Years
  • Name: Tuyuki
    Pokemon: Umbreon, Skarmory
    Classes: Advanced Pokemon Training, Self Defence, Basic Elemental Training, Ki Control, Basic Pokemon Breeding, Intermediate Combat
    Personality: Gothic, Ruthless, Calm, but harsh, Loner

~Ozy~

Years
  • <OOC>Yeah, we really should if we hope to get more people involved. So, without further ado, Autmn session is in!<OOC>

Hideaki yawned after pulling himself from bed with a fair amount of dismay. Today's lineup was absolutely awful, with two basic skills courses before lunch. Afterwards, things looked a little better, with the advanced training and armed copmbat crowds, and a finish to the day with Ki control. Still, three hours with a group of new students wasn't a pleaasent prospect. After showering, he pulled on his clothes and headed to the kitchen for breakfest. Smiling, he planned how to best intimidate his new students. Marching up to the sparring room he had for all armed combat classes, he wore a terminally grim expression as he unlocked the door for the class.

<OOC>After seeing what the students'll be doing as far a scheduling, I'll devise some other teachers.<OOC>

Morphasis

Morphing Wolfgon
    Years
  • I groaned as I woke up to the early morning. I stumbled out of bed and slipped on my regular clothing. I walked down the hallway to the dining hall. Yawning, I stepped into it and sighed.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • Corazon leapt out of bed, aroused by a mind greeting from Togetic. She threw open her closet and pulled out a dark blue pair of jeans and a sky blue sweatshirt. She pulled her ebony hair back into a ponytail and tied a sky blue bandana around her head. Corason quickly woke Grace (Ralts) and Indy (Natu) to head down to breakfast. After eating a quick bowl of cereal, Corazon raced to her 1st class: Self Defence.

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    (This will be so much fun!)

Name: Lynette Hemmings
    Pokemon: Pichu (Pax), and Dratini (Solina)
    Classes: Basic Pokemon Training, Basic Gym leader training, Basic Pokemon Breeding, Self-Defense, Basic combat, Basic armed combat
    Appearance: 5'4" with light blue eyes that seem to light up her fair face, curly blonde hair pulled up half way, a comfortable white t-shirt with half sleeves, blue jeans, white tennis shoes with blue streaks on the side, no pokeballs (for her own reasons) and a thin, gold necklace with a flat, gold pendant
    Personality: She has a child-like air around her, though she's not blind from the world. She loves to help others, but hates comfrontation. She likes her space a lot and hates it when it's violated, though it doesn't bug her if it's someone she knows. Though she looks young for her age, she knows a lot more than most would expect and is tougher than she looks. She speaks her mind most of the time, though she will never intentionally hurt a person's feelings. The one thing that gets her through everything is her spirituality, finding comfort in her daily reading of the scriptures and prayer. She loves her pokemon dearly and hopes that this training will help her find her friend, which was seperated from her during a mysterious cave collapse near Viridian City, tossing them out of the mouth of the cave into seperate directions, knocking both of them out. (long story)

Last edited:

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    Lynette woke up to find that her pichu and dratini had curled up on top of her during the night, making her smile as she remembered how intimidated they'd been when they'd seen the enormous grounds and the people with their pokemon. They were so shy, she thought, wanting to laugh, since it was very rare for both of her pokemon to be so quiet. Then her smile faded as she remembered how her heart kept on beating faster than it should've been and how her stomach twisted every time she thought of her classes.
    "Well," she said to herself softly as she slowly sat up and seperated herself from her pokemon and bed gently, "this is it. There's no turning back now."
    Her pokemon still sleeping softly, she showered, put on her normal clothes, and put on her necklace, staring at her reflection in the mirror for a while as it hung around her neck.
    Time to wake them up, I guess, she thought to herself, turning away from the mirror to her sleeping pokemon on the bed, knowing that this was going to be a long day.

Years
  • Name: Lucky
    Pokemon: Sandshrew (Jazz/Female) and Vulpix (Foxy/Female)
    Classes Taught:Basic Pokemon Training, Basic Gym leader training, Basic Pokemon Breeding, Self-Defense, Basic combat, Basic armed combat... I think thats all the basic courses.
    Appearance: Short, with light brown hair that falls a little past her sholders. Her eyes are deep brown. She is wearing a white tank top, and blue jeans, with worn in sneakers.
    Personality: Usually happy, unless something annoys or bothers her. She is active, and enjoys a challenge, thinking it makes her stronger as both a person and trainer. She can slack off at times, so lessons usually need to intrest her for her to give it her all. Can be independent if needed, but enjoys the company of others and makes friends pretty easially.
    Hometown: Celedon

~Ozy~

Years
  • After sheperding his students into the room, Hideaki bagan to take roll. Two students were missing, for now at least. Eyes narrowing, he said "Alright, until they show up no one's doing anything, touching anything, or making any noise."

The morning Self-Defense class was whatReid was most looking forward too. The course material was interesting, and the students less listless than in most of his other subjucts. Now, i they would just get here.

Light Angel

An "unusual" Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2004
    Lynette sprinted down the stairs, the little Pichu squeaking in protest as she tried to hang on to her trainer's shoulders. Lynette was holding Solina, who had fallen asleep.

"I can't believe I'm late for my first class!" she said to her pokemon as she sprinted around the corner, nearing the class room door. "Breakfast shouldn't have taken so long! You didn't have to have so much Pichu Chow, Pax!"

"Pichu, chu!" Pax tried to explain, but stopped short as Lynette opened the door, everyone inside staring at her as she stood in the door way.

The teacher gave her a nasty looking glare, making her face flush as she tried to get to a seat, though it was hard to ignore all the people staring at her as she sunk into a desk near the back, her face bright red with embarrassment.

~Ozy~

Years
  • "Very well" I said, leaning against a wall. "Let's get staartedd, shall we? The other will just have to caatch up on their own time. We'll be going to the armory to select a weapon, choose one that feels right to you." I turned, and began to lead the class out of the room.

Years
  • Lucky raced along the dirt road.

"First class starts in 2 minutes..." she said to herself. She sighed, knowing that pressing the snooze button multiple times was a mistake. Now she had to run a half mile in less than 2 minutes, which she was sure she couldn't do. The school record for 1/2 mile was over 2 minutes, and she knew she wasn't close to that.

Her two Pokemon, Jazz and Foxy, ran behind her. Foxy was taking graceful strides, and her breathing was regular. She looked every bit the champion Lucky thought she would make. Jazz, on the other hand, was the exact opposite. Her stides were jumpy, and her breathing was comming in short gasps. The Sandshrew was clumsy, and still didn't quite understand how to control her power. Yet, Lucky believed that, in time, she would become as strong as any other.

Finally, in more like 5 minutes, Lucky made it to the building. She tried to sprint down the hallways, but running for the full mile between her house and the school was begining to take its toll on her.

She got to her classroom in a little under a minute. Upon running throgh the door, she ran into the teacher, who was leading the class out the door.

"Sorry," she mumbled, and went to the clump of kids, trying to hide her embarsment.

Morphasis

Morphing Wolfgon
    Years
  • Grabbing a double bladed sword, I tested it out. Dark Lily lept out of the way. I put it back and grabbled the longest sword of the bunch, which was very light. I shifted it from one arm to another and decided this weapon I'd use.

Years
  • Lucky walked with the rest of the group to choose out a weapon. She had no idea what to take, so she just grapped a random sword, hoping that she could learn to use it sooner or later. The sword wasn't the longer, no the lighest, nor heaviest. It was somewhere in the middle, and she guessed it was her best bet.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back