• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon RPG: Dark Forces (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Here will lie the soon-to-be-many discussions of the Dark Forces RPG. Rules and systems will also be explained here, so it will be made clear to others on how the RPG works. If you have any questions or suggestions dealing with the RPG, feel free to ask.

Equipment:

So I thought of an equipment system for the RPG and I think it will be a perfect addition to it. Here is how it works:
--------------------
Wooden Stick (+1 Attack)

Cyndaquil (LV. 2) attacks!

Meowth takes in the damage and took 3 damage! (HP: 7/10)
--------------------
^ Basically the weapon equipment simply adds in its additional value into the character's level:

Cyndaquil's LV. (2) + Wooden Stick (1) = 3 damage

I can also do the same with defensive equipment, instead the damage taken by the enemy will reduce that amount:
--------------------
Mewtwo's attack (50) - Cyndaquil's Mightly Cap (25) = 25 damage taken (HP: 70/95)
--------------------

So what would you guys think of this addition?

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
won't this create a lot of spam??
i am not so familiar with RPG ways you see and there are very less people who have signed for it.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
No, because if people were to spam here, either I or the moderaters will take care of those people. This is a discussion thread, as long as we post about the RPG, then we'll be just fine.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
I think he means a lot of spam in the actual thread, as some posts might be one or two lines.

Last edited:

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
As soon as the battle is over, my character will lead us to the shop and I will show the selection of items that are available to be bought by others.

As of now, after buying an item, you must show it's existence in your stats on your posts. (That is, if you wish to make your stats visible during non-battle scenes, but in battle scenes stats are required to be shown) Here is an example:

--------------------
???? - Quilava (Male)
LV. 12
HP 21/21
PP 8/8
EXP: 1/10
Total EXP: 111
Seeds: 125
---------------
[Green Herb] x 4 - Heals 10 HP
[Potion] x 2 - Heals 50 HP
[Grass Cap] (E) - Decreases the damage received by 1
[Wood Stick] - Raises your attack damage by 1

The (x) represents the quantity of the item, in other words, how much <item> you have with you. You can only hold up to 8 different items with you. Equipment items do fill up your inventory space also. The (E) means that the character has it equipped. If it does not have an (E), the item is not equipped.

Last edited:

s l u g

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
if a battle starts..
is it like the other pokemon cannot batle??

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
if a battle starts..
is it like the other pokemon cannot batle??

Well, here is how it works. After I post up a Battle Members list before we engage in a battle against foes...

Battle Members:
+ ???? - Cyndaquil
+ (free)
+ (free)
+ (free)
+ (free)

I give more than five minutes to let other users choose if they want to enter or not. After so, we get this:

Battle Members:
+ ???? - Cyndaquil
+ Linus
+ Kip

Then the battle gets started. After so, none can join in the battle but to either spectate or get themselves rest to heal their stats up.

s l u g

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
Ok thanks..
but what if someone loses in a boss battle???

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011

but what if someone loses in a boss battle???

During their "faint" condition, they can either be revived by an item/pokemon ability or just stay there, motionless in the ground. (In most cases, they are still able to speak in battle) It plays as a normal battle goes, as long as we are victorious and the boss is defeat, there will never be a Game Over for us. If that were to happen, I'll explain what happens to us then.

s l u g

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
Ok...
but please don't keep it destiny based
little bit favor on us can do ehe :D

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Always, it would be pretty boring if I kept the main story for the RPG unchanging. Different actions and such will change the meaning and path of the story as a whole. It's even possible to get this RPG finish up in a week, it just depends on what our characters do.

s l u g

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
Hmm... that's correct
but a few more question

we will have to defeat 5 dark forces right??
our team is small...
wouldn't it be like we get wiped out soon???

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Every team is to invade and take over certain cities. The one we are going against are going after Broad Sand, so it's either we all get wiped out by them or we wipe them out. The other teams that have their targets set to another city/town (not Broad Sand) are the ones that we will never meet in this RPG, only then until the sequel we will ever meet them.

s l u g

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
Hmm... kewl
i hope our RPG team will view this soon
this's quite good.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Hopefully, this RPG would be much more fun with more people. The RPG wouldn't really be as fun with just a few if you take a moment to think about it.

N-XIGE

Ascension: Success Story
Years
WILL...

As we progress will we be able to buy stronger items like maybe dragon fang, quik claw, and maybe upgrade ourselves with TM moves...
Is every team comprised of 4 guys... cause well i haven't had any battle...
who are the dark forces...
darkrai?
or maybe there could be houndoom werewolfs and zubat vampires...
maybe we culd mutate some pokemon ...

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Yes, buying more abitities is one of the key points of winning harder battles.

The Dark Forces are a mixture of pokemon, there not a group of the same pokemon. They are to be left unknown though on which pokemon are they, for I would be spoiling the story too much.

Don't worry, you will battle, just make sure you are here when the opportunity comes. When I post up a Battle Members list, then that is where you spring into action.

Degenerate

Immortal
Years
When I post up a Battle Members list, then that is where you spring into action.

Hey, I got a question about that.

In an earlier post, you mentioned that we have about 5 minutes or something to decide if we want to enter the battle after you post the Battle Members List. But what happens if only a few of us (or no one else) is online or notices at the moment you put up that list? That means we'd miss out on the action whether we wanted to partake in the battle or not. When you said you'd give us "more than 5 minutes" to choose if we want in, exactly how long did you have in mind?

Another thing whilst we're on the topic of battles. Are we allowed to initiate our own battles, or do we have to wait for you to manifest our opponents every time?

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
This is but a flaw that I still need to think about. This is why I referred out "more than 5 minutes", clearly for the intention to give other users (online or offline) a chance. In some cases I can even give a whole day if it is needed for the situation.
As for initiating your own battles, I would wonder how would that work. Having two battles at the same time can make the situation very confusing, but I get the feeling there is a way to get around that, I'm just not sure how do we get it to play without much problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back