• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: [ASM]Inserting routines;How do you do them and your problems?

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2021
Usually I steal a piece of code that's about 5 instructions

so I can do a

LDR r3,=myroutine;
MOV r15,r3

then my routine executes, or i'll just edit some code.

Recently I tried the callasm function and my function executed but died, yet I know the code works.

What to do you guys do? Prefer?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I dunno, cause I'm not quite that ASM savvy yet... Dunno how to do that...
You sure you ended the routine correctly? (Just saying, cause everyone makes mistakes from time to time...)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I haven't delved deeply enough into ASM to require editing of preexisting code but I'm thinking I'll end up using your method because it's so simple^^
I assume that with your method you have to "recreate" the code that you overwrote with the 'ldr' and 'mov' in your custom routine?

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Yes, you have to. And you'd also wanna make sure that the registers after executing your code must have the same values. This can be done by push and pop. Here's my way:
ldr r0, .Routine
bx r0

Back