• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Wanted Oak: Teen (warning possible creepypasta)

Years
  • A few rules before we get started. Optionally read the authors note in the spoilers.

Spoiler:

Chapter One: Pallet Town, Route 1, and Part 1 of Viridian Forest.
    Video Link 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8h7dDYVzFQ&feature=youtu.be

Dear reader, I am about to tell you a very long and strange story that may unnerve you, so don't read this at night and certainly don't watch the videos at night. First of all, I am not a supernatural believer, and even I'm creeped out by the events that have happened to me lately.

This story begins four weeks ago, when my friend and I decided we'd get into the popular thing of rom hacking. Pokemon roms to be precise, it was all fun and games until we started seeing news reports about missing college interns and an escaped convict who apparently impersonated a biology professor to get close to his younger victims. Disregarding these facts entirely, let's continue on with the story.

Me and my friend had just gotten into hacking fire red and leaf green, ya know, because it was so easy and supported by all the tools. But my friend, one of those "I swear ghosts are possible" kind of people sent me a message on one of our pokemon hacking forums.

"It's haunted, it's haunted, its ****ing haunted!"

That was the message of the title, the sole content of the pm was a download link from mediafire. And nothing else; I won't bore you with too many of the details because you can simply watch what happened in-game in the video link at the start of this story. I assumed the rom was a fire red project that my friend and I were working on together. When I looked at all the hex code in the game however, nothing was changed. Now I don't know much about so called "haunted" games, but I would think if some spooks were in my data at least SOME of the data would be changed around, you know, so they can mess with game functions and whatnot? Well, interestingly enough, I could not get past the title screen without the game crashing, now why the game crashed I have no idea, but the title screen looked slightly different than usual.

FiredRed.jpg

With all but hope lost I pmmed my friend asking them what the deal was, when they responded they mentioned something about one of his schoolmates, a young girl going missing recently. Not the info I was asking for, but keep that in mind for later, I asked him in response to that message how to get past the title screen, and he said the only way he could was to use an old save state file from our oldest project file. So I decided to open up my old "test" save game file from the virtual boy advance. The funny thing was, everything was normal, except a few things I was intrigued about. The only change I remember making to that game file and the rom was making that little patch of trees in Viridian city useful (I'm sure you know the ones, the patch that seemed out of place and rushed…) for catching eevee evolutions and a few others. As I played through the file the content got more and more curious, I kept going back and forth between the recent news reports and the content in the video you've probably finished watching by now. And to be honest…I'm getting a little weirded out by it…it was too similar to the situation on the news to be mere coincidence so I asked my friend more about their classmate that had gone missing.

They told me that their friend was a literal poke-maniac, and that she had been interning for one of the biology teachers at our school, take into consideration that the altered game rom was constantly mentioning 'interns' and that professor Oak was the closest thing to a "biology" scientist in the pokemon games, I can assume why my friend thought this game was haunted. Not only that, it seemed that Professor Oak was being interrogated as a possible murder suspect, but haunted by what…well, that didn't hit me until much later…

*to be continued at a later time*

Last edited:
    Back