• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime of the summer.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
What have been your top 3 airing anime of this summer? I have only really watched a few and there's no real amazing ones (imo) here's my top 3 anyway.

3rd - Highschool Of The Dead. Really entertaining first 6 or 7 episodes followed by a few lesser episodes, only one episode left hopefully it won't disappoint.

2nd - Seitokai Yakuindomo. Only started watching it last night but already up to date with it. Basically it's a comedy set in a school (original right) that is having it's first year of coed classes. The protagonist is forced into joining the school council as there is currently no male perspective on things...blah blah blah yo get the picture.

1st - My favourite anime of the sumer goes to *drum roll please* Mitsudomoe!. Mitsudomoe is a slice of life comedy about triplets with very different and funny personalities. Add a newly graduated teacher, clumsy school nurse and a hamster called Nipples and you have a very good anime.

Honorable mention goes to bleach as the more recent episodes haver been pretty good.

Over to you.

Years
Seitokai Yakuindomo is anime of the season. Guaranteed lol inducing situations every episode (unless you're extremely jaded and haven't laughed in years). Also because it's the only one I've seen. :x

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Angel Beats! (no link) was pretty good, but not as good as I hoped. It felt rushed, as well. Plus, I didn't really feel the ending; it was kind of meh.
Sora no Woto was surprisingly good. I didn't expect it to be something I'd keep watching, but it managed to keep me entertained. Still, the ending was a bit meh. Episode 7 (?) was pretty awesome.
Shiki (which is currently airing) is pretty good so far. I was going to drop it after spoiler 1 happened and I heard spoiler 2, but then I heard spoiler 3 was going to happen and decided to keep watching (and because Toshio is kind of a badass).
Episode 10:
Spoiler:

Hasn't happened yet:
Spoiler:

Hasn't happened yet:
Spoiler:

Also, I hope Megumi gets killed off.
Episode 1:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Um.....in this order
Kamen Rider OOO
Cat ____ One
Nurarihyon no Mago
Ookami / Mitsudomoe [Gachiranger being the main reason its not down a rank or two]
Shufuku no Campanella
SYD
Digimon Xros Wars
Asobi no Iku yo
HOSD

for series that i forgot :p

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Seitokai Yakuindomo is number 1. Nothing else matters, cuz it's light years above any other anime that came out this summer.

Saitou

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
To be honest, I was kid of disappointed by the anime that aired this summer. Few actually interested me:

Seitokai Yakuindomo
- I thought at first, from the reviews of some users at MAL, that this anime was some kind of perverted one or something, and what do you know? It was! But the girls this time were the perverts. I picked it up and watched a couple of episodes and got hooked up and it was very entertaining. There is no real story, for it's your typical high school anime, and the romance in it is vague and constantly being interrupted and misunderstood. Nevertheless, it was a fun anime to watch and it's clearly the best one for this summer.

High School of the Dead - I first thought it was a silly name and by that, I judged it wrong. When I saw its rating on some anime websites, it was very high, especially on MAL. I read some reviews and decided to try it out. And it was like I expected; an anime filled with fanservice, but with great action and likable characters. It easily became one of favorite anime shows, and I have to yet see through the ending.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
1. Angel Beats! - It got me back into anime and I loved it. First anime I ever cried too, good beginning, plot and end! 10/10

2. Amagami SS - The best romance anime I have seen yet. I love each chapter and how its set up. 10/10

3. High School of the Dead - One of my favorites so far. Gory, ecchi, action what more can you want? And as an extra bonus its has a good plot! 10/10

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Ok a couple of good reviews for Angel Beats, i shall start...and possibly marathon this later on. I do have really high hopes for it as it is from the same people as Clannad, Kanon and Air i think.

Lαvi

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2010
Amagami SS - airing
I'm weak against these types of anime, and it was my most anticipated anime for the summer. I like the idea of multiple arcs featuring the same male protagonist, but different female characters. Though it has only reached episode 12, which concluded the third arc (Sae's arc), it's been entertaining watching it, since the romance in it is genuine and the characters are likable, especially Morishima.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu - airing
When the first episode aired, most who watched it dropped it and never looked back at it or tried the second episode. I didn't. It is an amazing anime to watch, really, and it's one of the better anime for this summer.

..yeah, that's pretty much what I liked in this summer, since not much interested me and I nearly dropped most of them.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
1. Angel Beats! - It got me back into anime and I loved it. First anime I ever cried too, good beginning, plot and end! 10/10

2. Amagami SS - The best romance anime I have seen yet. I love each chapter and how its set up. 10/10
I.. thought Angel Beats was a SPRING anime...?

Anyways, Amagami SS was the number one this season. The second for me is Occult Academy because, well, that's the only shows I;m watching this season although Occult Academy is quite a nice watch, but not recommending it unless you have a lot of time.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Just watched the first episode of Angel Beats! and i think i'm going to really enjoy it. It seems pretty inventive and pretty unique. Also i really like the animation, Key really do excel in these fields.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Just watched the first episode of Angel Beats! and i think i'm going to really enjoy it. It seems pretty inventive and pretty unique. Also i really like the animation, Key really do excel in these fields.

Pay attention, else your brain will mush up from all the information being forced upon it :U

I didn't actually watch any of the Summer anime now that I think about it B|a....
/too lazy to catch up on anything
/waits for Index 2 and Togainu....

Years
Pretty much every single summer show has failed to impress me, and even though HOTD showed a bit of promise in the first episode, it failed to delivery a truly engaging story with weird fanservice. I'll go out on a limb and say Ookami-san no Nakamatachi was the one that impressed me most. Even if Ryouko is a typical tsundere, she had more likable moments than most new characters introduced this season. The drama wasn't bad in this one either since even though it felt forced and all, no one else did it better in the past few months .

Martins

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Pretty much every single summer show has failed to impress me, and even though HOTD showed a bit of promise in the first episode, it failed to delivery a truly engaging story with weird fanservice. I'll go out on a limb and say Ookami-san no Nakamatachi was the one that impressed me most. Even if Ryouko is a typical tsundere, she had more likable moments than most new characters introduced this season. The drama wasn't bad in this one either since even though it felt forced and all, no one else did it better in the past few months .

This. Stole the exact words out of my mouth.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
I only watched Kuroshitsuji II, which was a little slow to start but then got really good in the middle. However, the ending left me kinda 'meh', which was a shame because it had a lot of promise.

Back