• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help me fix this Mega Scizor HO team

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2018
    Hey guys,

I've been playing around with this team for a bit but it still has some major weaknesses, and I feel like it could have better synergy overall. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scizor @ Scizorite
    Ability: Light Metal
    EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 124 Def / 16 SpD / 56 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Roost

Greninja @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Scald

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Psychic Surge
    Timid Nature
    - Psychic
    - Moonblast
    - Psyshock
    - Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Rock Slide

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Heat Wave
    - Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Fightinium Z
    Ability: Magician
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Dark Pulse
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast

Years
  • Greetings, I stopped by to take a look at your team and I will tell you what I believe can be improved upon
    Your team has no way to remove hazards put defog on either lando or Zapdos no mons on your team like to switch into rocks and spikes.
    Duel hazards Greninja is not suitable on teams with scizor and Zapdos and should be run on more heavy offense builds. Regular spikes ash- Greninja would be way better. On the topic of hazards every team needs stealth rocks and defense landorus is a great setter of those. Specs tapu Lele is not very good right now, I would suggest either a calm mind+3 attacks or fight-Z to deal with heatran which is hard for your team to deal with. Zapdos should never be running volt switch but instead discharge to cripple it's switch ins. Landorus does not need superpower. Hoopa should also run psyshock to break through Chansey.
    Overall your team is very weak to heatran.You also lack a valid dark resist that stops Ash- Greninja from spamming dark pulse or a stop to it in general.
    Team needs stealth rocks
    I will post a bit more details in a bit but from looking at the team these the first things that stand out.
    Edit: Lele should not run taunt with specs.

Alright continuing from what i was saying before, i would recommend running either hoopa or lele but not both.
    Having both mons decreases the teams ability to handle offense as both are unable to do so effectively.
    As well as what i said above with spikes, Ash-Greninja handles offense really well with priority in the form of Water Shuriken, strong stabs in Hydro Pump and Dark pulse and a great speed tier.
    if you pair that together with U-turn support on scizor and landorus-T can bring it in better. and hoopa comes in to destroy greninjas checks such as toxapex and gastrodon. and destroys balance cores.
    Replacing lele or hoopa with something like heatran gives the team a defensive backbone to certain mons however the team is also weak to Zygarde which has grown to be quite a threat as of now so a means to beat that would be preferred.
    Good answers to Zygarde are Tangrowth and defensive Landorus-T with Leftovers as well as Clefable.

Last edited:

Noctis

Finally back after some family problems
    Years
  • I agree with Levea but another thing, even if Greninja was good on this team, why do you need both spikes and toxic spikes? Maybe try Night Slash instead.

Last edited:
    Years
  • one small correction, Dark Pulse over night slash is better in my opinion for dark coverage. Also protean Greninja should be running coverage moves such as hidden power fire, Gunk shot, Low kick, rock slide, and ice beam to take advantage of its ability. I have also seen Z-Dig pop up on occasion to lure in magearna but i do not recommend that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2019
    Put a choice band on that hoops, it's the best choice. And Probably take out Greninja, you don't really need in this case. And most importantly put defog on zap

Back