• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon religion are you

Who is the PokeGod

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Mew is Adam/Eve while Arceus is God. Mew is the Ancestor. Meaning it is an older Pokemon, like how Aztecs and Mayans are the Ancestors to today's South America. No one ever said Mew was a God. Unlike Arceus who was said to have created the universe and Pokemon.

Most likely Arceus created Mew who then evolved into the many Pokemon species we have now.

You just got your words confused.
To add to this and to the Biblical referencing, it could be possible that Arceus created Mew 'in its image' insofar as to explain why Arceus is not a descendent of Mew yet still has the properties of a Pokemon.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Arceus is just a goat. It just snatched Mew's place.

Mew deserved to stay with the place.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Arceus seems to be the more interesting legend of the two, despite my love for Mew, so I gotta go with Arceus.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I love Mew but not as a god, just as a Pokemon. Not fully convinced of Arceus' divinity either, but more convinced of it than Mew's.

Years
I'm a Mewtheist. I always considered it the origin to all the others and when Arceus was introduced I thought he was unnecessary, because there was already the "creator of all" Pokemon. I never really warmed up to it, for it seemed to steal Mew's position. (Plus I don't really like Arceus' design.)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I voted Arceus. He's widely accepted to be the God of Pokemon and I've never heard anything like that about Mew. What I essentially came here to say is what I've quoted from XanderO below... I think he put it much better than I ever could have.

Mew is Adam/Eve while Arceus is God. Mew is the Ancestor. Meaning it is an older Pokemon, like how Aztecs and Mayans are the Ancestors to today's South America. No one ever said Mew was a God. Unlike Arceus who was said to have created the universe and Pokemon.

Most likely Arceus created Mew who then evolved into the many Pokemon species we have now.

Back