• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Combustion/Sub-Zero/Compression Version(s)

ShadowFiendZX

Gym Leader
Years
  • temporary logos
    2kkGrzn.png
    J30rnUh.png

Sneak Preview of new maps:
    Spoiler:

Introduction:
    Hello all! I'm ShadowFiendZX, welcome!
    I've been playing pokémon games for as long as I can remember, and have always wanted to make my own pokémon game. So about 3 years ago I decided to learn to make games. And I've made a few crappy games, and 1 game that is still in development. Last year I decided I'd try to make a pokémon game of my own. So I told a few of my friends who had been following my game development for a while, and they really liked the idea. I got a bunch of suggestions from them, then I found Pokémon Essentials and decided that it was for me, and have been working on it ever since. There were a few bumps along the way (Learning how to use it, losing all of my progress in a messed up computer and having to start all over, etc.), but now I'm back on track and have decided to get the word out.

Plot:
    I've been changing the plot alot recently with suggestions from 3 of my friends who've played pretty much every pokémon game.
    Basically there will be 3 different versions of the game. They will be called Combustion, Sub-Zero, and Compression. They will each have a slightly different storyline, Compression will have more storyline than the other two.
    Somewhat like Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Here's the basics of the storyline.
    You've grown up in Clearyu Town, in the Fullis Region. (Displayed below)
    MdlInw1.png

Your father left when you were young, and have decided to set out on a journey to find him. The only thing your mother knows is that he set off to join a mysterious organization known as "Epitaph", so with only that, and a pokémon from Professor Zed, you set off to find this organization and your father, and as a favor to professor Zed, to defeat the gym leaders, and the Elite Four. On your way you come across a group of "evildoers". (In Combustion it's Team Supernova in Sub-Zero it's Team Zero Kelvin, and in Compression it's Team Void. Team Zero Kelvin wants to bring about a new Ice Age with the use of a mythological pokémon. Team Supernova wants to bring the planet's temperature above that of the sun with the use of a second mythological pokémon who is the enemy of the first one. (Both names have yet to be determined)
    Team Void aims to turn the planet into a massive black hole with the help of a man-made pokémon known as Chronulous!
    Up until around the middle of the game, all 3 of the games are basically the same. At that point, you are recruited into Epitaph to infiltrate the game's corresponding antagonist group and stop them from the inside.
    Compression is more of a master version of the two other versions,it has a bit more storyline, it has all 3 groups and you are allowed to catch all 3 main legendaries, although you can only infiltrate Team Void, the reason why will be revealed in-game.
    Plot Twist for Compression. Read at your own peril!
    Spoiler:

Features:
    • All pokémon except X/Y pokémon available for capture!
    • A Light type, instead of Fairy type
    • Shadow pokémon(Still contemplating on whether or not this will be guaranteed)
    • Teleporters(Note: They may "malfunction" if you have certain items or pokémon *hint hint*)
    • A bank system with banks in every pokécenter and half your winnings get deposited in the bank.
    • Mystery Gift!
    • Fakémon!
    • More being planned as you read this!

Help Needed!:
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Download:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Videos:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • While this game still needs a lot of work, it seems to have great potential! I really like this idea, but i have a few concerns:
    instead of zero kelvin it should be kelvin, I get why you're going for zero kelvin, but the group have 2 parts to the name, while the other 2 just have one, so it makes it seem sort of weird - the next part is, why bother having the other 2 versions? wouldnt you just want to play compression? I like the idea of having multiple versions, but if compression is clearly the better of the 3, whats even the point?
    also I'm pretty sure i've seen one of your games before, those characters look very very very familiar - regardless, I hope this works out - Good luck!

ShadowFiendZX

Gym Leader
    Years
  • While this game still needs a lot of work, it seems to have great potential! I really like this idea, but i have a few concerns:
    instead of zero kelvin it should be kelvin, I get why you're going for zero kelvin, but the group have 2 parts to the name, while the other 2 just have one, so it makes it seem sort of weird - the next part is, why bother having the other 2 versions? wouldnt you just want to play compression? I like the idea of having multiple versions, but if compression is clearly the better of the 3, whats even the point?
    also I'm pretty sure i've seen one of your games before, those characters look very very very familiar - regardless, I hope this works out - Good luck!

I haven't publicly released any games yet, so maybe you're thinking of someone else, and I don't plan on releasing Compression until after Sub-Zero and Combustion.
    As for changing Zero-Kelvin to Kelvin I think you're right, but I'll wait to see what others think about it.
    Thanks for replying :)

Back