• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Crystal Dreams - Updates and Recruitment

BronzeSwagger

Sugar&Spice
Years
  • Name: Pokemon Crystal Dreams
    Hack of: Pokemon Crystal (Yes, GBC Crystal)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

New Features:
    -You'll start out with a Kanto starter of your choice this time around given to you by Prof. Oak. while being able to receive a Johto starter of your choice from Prof. Elm early to mid-game.
    -2 new Gym Leaders, Jasmine and one other surprise is a Elite Four now. Everyone will be rematchable for stronger teams later as well.
    -There will be 253 Pokemon, some will also be removed to have pokemon from all 7 gens such as Metagross, Dragalge, Lopunny, and even Alola-Pokemon. The story itself ties in with a new legend. Each pokemon will have revised movesets, Some will even have stat and type buffs. Elite Four Will even has a new toy up his sleeve.
    -Fairy-type will exist as of Gen 6 & Fairy-type moves will have new animations. (hopefully)
    -Some moves will be removed and replaced with newer ones from Gen 3 onwards. (Although some current animations of Crystal will be used until later on unless specified)
    -New characters, devamped/revamped sprites of both Trainers and Pokemon. Recolored sprites. Familar faces outside of Gen 2 as well. There will also be familar faces outside of Pokemon, for example, you have a additional rivalry with Yoko Littner.
    -Mega evolution is not one of my plans, however, some pokemon will use their mega form as a standard sprite in their 3rd Evolution stages instead of their normal ones. (Ex. Ampharos and Lopunny)
    -New locations, New events, Brand new story.
    -New post-game content. (After defeating the Pokemon League, be prepared for a new story in Kanto about a Faller and the hunt for Ultra Beasts in old & familiar hiding places. Including Nihilego in Diglett's Tunnel!!)

My Current Situation and Progress:
    I have a few Sprites done, a tileset I'm using for Magnolia Town (borrowed from Rangi's Polished Crystal) and of course the Magnolia Town map. I've yet to do a whole lot yet as I've been learning everything and as much as I can of cygwin and pokecrystal disassembly. ON TOP of irl things that keep going on in my life. RIP me xD

Sprites and Etc:
    Spoiler:

LOOKING FOR RECRUITS
    I'm am now searching for a team to work on this project, and I need the following

-Scripter/Event Editor
    -Assistant Spriter and Mapper*
    -Assistant Story Writer**
    -Music Editor (I'm needing just one particular song done)
    -Move Animation Editor
    -Anything I haven't thought of or didn't know I needed, (make suggestions or ask)

*Would help if mapper was knowledgeable with Connections & Warps and if Spriter was knowledgeable in Overworld Sprites
    **I have the idea of the story, I just suck at putting it on paper

Keep In Mind Everyone
    This is going to be a pretty slow project, I'm not a miracle worker and I doubt anyone else is either.
    ( Except Rangi ;P )
    I'm not going to be put in a huge rush and neither is anyone else, as far as I'm concerned, the deadline is of that there is no deadline. Its non-existant. BUT I do expect everyone, including myself, to be steady and not just drown in our laziness. I may have said before that the first patch release would be around 2018, but I'm not going to push it. If its not done til 2019, that's just how it'll go atm due to irl things and also because I'm naturally slow from birth. lol
    I'm not going to take away anyone else's irl times either, if someone needs to take a break, then its fine, because I'll probably need to take short couple of breaks every now and then. Especially this week because I had a death in the family.
    If you need to ask questions, just ask, my ears are here to listen. Let me know if you're interested and want to work something out. I'd appreciate any help I get for this hack. As its been a very long time Crystal Dream I want to make a reality. <3

Last edited:
    Back