• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Beginning ~ A HGSS Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
  • _

A New Beginning

A HGSS Tournament

Welcome to A New Beginning! This is HGSS tournament for players who have trained their HGSS Pokemon to their highest potential. That means this tournament will be for strong and powerful players!And to top that off, the prizes will be strong and powerful as well!

Rules

- All Competitive Battling Center & Tournaments & Events rules apply!
    - You may choose up to 3 Pokemon to battle with.
    - All Pokemon on the ban list in the Tournaments & Events rules are banned from this tournament.
    - All items are banned from this tournament.

Registered Participants

None so far. Deadline for sign-ups is October 8th, 2011 GMT -6:00 (American Central Time).

Tournament Pairings

Round 1

Tournament not started.

Prizes

1st Place

382.png

KYOGRE
    Lv.70
    Movestet: Hydro Pump, Rest, Sheer Cold, Double Edge

OR

383.png

GROUDON
    (Info Coming Soon.)

2nd Place

97d.png

HYPNO (Shiny)
    Lv.55
    Moveset: Nightmare, Hypnosis, Psychic, Dream Eater

FAQ

PC Wifi Tournament said:
    How do I get WiFi?

You will need a wireless router, and access to the Internet. So, chances are good that if you're able to view this page, you have Internet. Moreover, there is also a good chance that most of the people reading this have the router already. If not, you can pick it up at Radio Shack or Circuit City. I got mine for $30 CAN myself.

How does WiFi work anyways?

How does the WiFi work on Pokémon games?

How do I enter the Tournament?

Just post a reply to this thread during the registration period, saying that you are interested in joining. If the registration period is underway, it will be mentioned at the top of this post in big bolded letters. If it is not, then you will have to wait for the next one to begin.

I changed my account. Should I mention it here?

Simply put, yes. It can get confusing if someone is trying to get in touch with someone whose name is different than what I have listed here. >_>

Can I use [insert game version] moves?

You can use any moves that are obtainable in any game that is officially released in Japan.

Why are Ubers banned?

Well, all of the banned Pokemon are too powerful for serious competitive play. Therefore, no Ubers whatsoever.

[insert Pokémon] is not a legend! Why is it banned?

There are some Pokemon that are classified as Ubers by the vast majority, if not the entirety, of competitive Pokemon battlers, despite their non-legendary status. They are too powerful for serious competive play, so just don't use them.

Can 1 PLEASE use mi teem of haxed Pogeymanz and/or Uberz? com on, i m beggin u!!!!!!!!11111oneoneone

No.

I cannot get in contact with my opponent. What do I do?

Even with the precautions I put in above, we may still get a few no-shows. If you are unable to get in contact with your opponent, just post here saying so. If not, I may assume you are both no-shows, and take both of your names off the list.

My opponent and I can't find a time to battle that is convenient for us both. What do I do?

This is mostly going to be due to time zones if it occurs. I will now guarantee that the deadline for battle results will be more than a week, allowing you to get time on the weekend. Nonetheless, if you can't get results in by the deadline, you'll still be disqualified.

My opponent used hacks and/or Ubers. What do I do?

If you face one of these, please report it in this thread. Furthermore, if the opponent used hacked Pokemon, you should also report it to a moderator.

Hey, how can you be in your own tournament? What if I have a problem with you as a battler?

Any questions that arise as a result of a battle that I am participating in myself will be answered in two ways:

1) If it involves something already explained in this post(ie. use of Ubers/hacks, breaking Sleep Clause, etc), then said rule will be followed.

2) If it involves something a bit more complicated than that(ie. conflicting results) then Ooka will make any decisions as I would in cases that don't involve me.

What happens if we have an odd number of participants?

First off, an odd number is a whole number that, when halved, has a 5 after the decimal place(ie. 6/2=3 ; 5/2=2.5 ; 5 is odd, 6 is not).

So, if we have an odd number of people, we'll do one of three things. The first is allowing one person to skip the round. This person will be chosen randomly, starting among those who actually had a battle in the previous round.

The second option is a round robin. This will involve everybody battling everybody else once, with those with the most wins moving on. This will only be happening in the later rounds though, when there are a small amount of people remaining.

The third option is to allow one lucky loser from the previous round to proceed. This person will be chosen based on his or her losing score(ie. Jack loses 4-0 and Sue loses 2-0, so Sue would be the lucky loser in this case). If this results in a tie, then the person who lost their battle first will be the one moving on.

I thought Rule #8 is supposed to apply to me. Did you forget about that?

No, I didn't, as Rule #8 is fake. This is meant to scare away people who don't read the rules and/or want to bail out early. Chances are, if you are worried about Rule #8 then you had a good reason to be absent in the first place. And you've obviously read the rules, XD.

What if my battle ends in a draw?

Although rare, it is a possibility. If this happens in your tournament battle, both you and your opponent will be moving on.

Can I have my battle on Pokemon Battle Revolution?

I don't see why not. DS or Wii, with the same Pokemon, the results will be identical. So in other words, go ahead.

What if a DS turns off in mid-battle?

If this was done intentionally by one of the battlers, the winner will be the other person. Simple enough.

What if it wasn't intentional?

I'll leave this up to the battlers. If an obvious winner was in sight, then please say so. If not, you should have a rematch.

What are Pokemon anyways?

Seriously. If you are asking that sort of question.....Go away. Now.
    I hope all of you enjoy this tournament and have a wonderful time! (This tournament is approved by Wolflare.)
    -JS7
    'Mischief Managed'

Last edited:

Winneon

Years
  • The registration period has started! The deadline October 4th, 2011 GMT -6:00 (American Central Time).

Winneon

Years
  • Since no one has registered yet and the deadline is near, I am giving a one last-chance extension with the deadline. The deadline is now extended to Saturday, October 8th, 2011 GMT -6:00 (Central American Time). If no-one has registered in the time-being and the deadline comes about, then this tournament will be officially closed.

Winneon

Years
  • So sorry to say, but since no one has registered yet, the tournaments is now over.

Mods, will you please close this? I would be deeply gratified if you do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back