• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 2.1]

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
So, I finally finished beta 1.1 of Emerald Genesis and thought I'd drop a short review.
1) The re-tiling of the maps really gave the hack a fresh experience attached to it during ny playthrough. One of my biggest gripes with most Emerald hacks is that most of them just use the Vanilla tileset. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Vanilla tileset and as a result, it dissuaded me from playing a good number of improvement hacks and even if I did play one, it ended up feeling like a chore for me.

2) The difficulty of this hack is perfectly balanced, it's neither too easy nor too hard. My first playthrough was a Nuzlocke and trust me when I say this, I've never had this much fun Nuzlocking a hack in a long time until I tried Emerald Genesis.
Each route has a handful of variety which always got me excited during my first encounters.

3) I like how Emerald Genesis treated its Mythical Pokémon as events, just like in DPP/HGSS, and did not leave them as static encounters. This really fleshed out the experience for me because I felt like I was actually earning my Pokémon instead of the standard "Chuck a ball" syndrome or "here's a gift for you" concept.

4) The addition of a new charcater aka Wess from Colosseum. While I was pleasantly surprised to see Wess in the hack, I was a tad bit disappointed to see that he did not make more than two appearances in the hack, nontheless he did add an element of uniqueness to the hack.

5) The buffs given to weaker Pokemon made them quite viable in my playthrough. I really loved how Absol was given a dark + fairy typing and a more solid move pools as well Typhlosion getting huge power. In a Nuzlocke, I normally tend to avoid using Pokémon that u feel won't workout unless I'm out of choices, the buffs given to some of these Pokémon legit eliminated my worries when I encountered them.

6) I've just reached the battle frontier but from what I'm playing, there's a vast improvement from the vanilla emerald such as ensuring that the oponents's Pokemon are alingned properly with the PSS.

Overall thoughts? Y'all have gotta play this and I highly recommend that you Nuzlocke this hack.
Thanks for playing and for the kind words my man!
I really appreciated your messages during the first week of the game being released notifying me of some of the small bugs I might've missed. Fun fact: I was actually considering adding another Wes event at one point but I figured he already appeared 3 times in the main story which was the same number of times as Steven in vanilla Emerald.

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
You said that in the next release you will put events for 2 legendaries, which are those legendaries? are they already available in the game by a kind of regular way?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Sorry I never got the chance to reply to this. The two legendaries are Deoxys and Jirachi. Neither are obtainable in the current beta. Deoxys should be in the next version assuming I can figure out a certain bug!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 5, 2024
Hey, do you know if there's a bug with encounter rates? I'm looking for Mawile in Granite Cave and cannot find one. Documentation says 3rd floor, but I've been searching for several minutes to no avail.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Maybe you should put gen 6 exp share
In all honesty I'm not a big fan of the Gen 6+ Exp. share. For those that want it though, you can buy more Exp. shares at Trainer Hill which if you have 5, will act the same way the Gen 6+ model does. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Years
Can you updated the sprites into a newer one like from mrdollsteak, i saw fury cutter its 10power not 40 and some other moves too.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Can you updated the sprites into a newer one like from mrdollsteak, i saw fury cutter its 10power not 40 and some other moves too.

Couple of reasons why I won't update the sprites. First is that those sprites don't have a second frame for them. A lot of other Emerald hacks will disable animations and use the updated sprites but honestly I think having animated Pokemon is way more important than the updated sprites. Lastly, I want to keep the gen 3 vibe in battle, and I feel that the updated sprites would take away from that.

As for the updated moves, they are all updated in my current build of the game and will be available with the release of Beta 2.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 8, 2020
Any progress updates towards v2.0? Loving the look of this so far, will most likely be my Emerald ROM hack of choice, when I get to playing it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Any progress updates towards v2.0? Loving the look of this so far, will most likely be my Emerald ROM hack of choice, when I get to playing it.
Thanks for the kind words! It's going really well so far, got a few things to work on still before releasing it though. I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to release beta 2.0 in the next month or so, but honestly that could be subject to change at any moment.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
It should have come with documentation when you downloaded it, but if Im not badly mistaken you should be able to get it at the game corner.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
i think its not included in the documentation, game corner only has the trade stone, not the shiny stone

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
i think its not included in the documentation, game corner only has the trade stone, not the shiny stone

Yeah you can get a Shiny Stone on the Northern-most part of route 115. You can also get 1 in Genesis Cave, and buy them at Trainer Hill after getting 5 badges if I recall correctly.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 4, 2019
Went through all the emerald hacks on this page today and this seems to be the best looking one. Should I play it as is or wait for the new beta?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Went through all the emerald hacks on this page today and this seems to be the best looking one. Should I play it as is or wait for the new beta?

Well the game is definitely playable in the current beta, and I think you'd still have a good time with it. On the other hand, I'm hopeful that Beta 2 will be out in the next couple of months, but I can't really make any guarantees when it comes to a release date on it. Essentially, if you're patient, then I'd recommend waiting for the next release. But if you're not, go right ahead with what's out at the moment.

Years
Hey bro, loving the hack so far! I have one question, does Murkrow evolve? I didn't see it in the docs, it only said Honchkrow was catchable. Thanks!

*EDIT* Dusk Stone for Honchkrow. I found a bug as well, the game seems to lock up when I go over the dawn stone in my inventory, and it's icon gets all glitched out. I need to use my bag and I don't know how to get around this as it happens every time, even in marts. :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Hey bro, loving the hack so far! I have one question, does Murkrow evolve? I didn't see it in the docs, it only said Honchkrow was catchable. Thanks!

*EDIT* Dusk Stone for Honchkrow. I found a bug as well, the game seems to lock up when I go over the dawn stone in my inventory, and it's icon gets all glitched out. I need to use my bag and I don't know how to get around this as it happens every time, even in marts. :(

Yep, Murkrow to Honchkrow via Dusk Stone. You can get one in the Hollowed Ruins on route 118. The Dawn Stone thing is an acknowledged bug in Beta 1.1 and has been fixed in my working build of Beta 2.

Back