• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trying to breed a Shiny Eevee - Question

Kagura_Nitrogat

Egg Factory
Years
  • Hello, I was told to bring my question here in my introduction thread, I am at current new to the pokemon series and am trying to breed a shiny Eevee due to it being my favourite pokemon, my question is as follows, I read up on something called the Masuda method, I am currently breeding my english male eevee with a female japanese eevee is that the Masuda method? I just wish to know I'm doing it correctly because I just hit my 500th egg and I still have not got one shiny, I'm starting to think my game hates me heh, thanks for reading.

Kagura_Nitrogat

Egg Factory
    Years
  • I'm not much of a battler, I'm more of a breeder so unless breeding it with a foreign ditto increases the chances again, I'll stick with the female Eevee, I just enjoy hatching a lot I guess.

Also, this will so how new I am to the series, iv's? I'm afraid you lost me there.

Takumi.

Heart of a Clockwork Child
    Years
  • IV = individual values. If your not a battler and enjoy the game specifically for breeding, disregard it :) unless you want to breed competitive pokemon, but the game becomes a whole lot more challenging breeding competitive shinies -_-

The two you are breeding are correct for the method, its still a 1//1400ish chance though I believe, so 500 isnt halfway, its all luck. Could get a shiny after 10 eggs, could after 10,000. Using your foreign female just increases your chances :)

Kagura_Nitrogat

Egg Factory
    Years
  • IV = individual values. If your not a battler and enjoy the game specifically for breeding, disregard it :) unless you want to breed competitive pokemon, but the game becomes a whole lot more challenging breeding competitive shinies -_-

The two you are breeding are correct for the method, its still a 1//1400ish chance though I believe, so 500 isnt halfway, its all luck. Could get a shiny after 10 eggs, could after 10,000. Using your foreign female just increases your chances :)

Ah, Thank you for the confirmation, you see I'm planning to just breed 9 Eevee's, give one an Everstone and change the rest into Eeveelutions, once I've done that, I will be happy then probably look into breeding shinies for other people for fun :)

p.s I may be a skeleton once I have finished getting all the eevee shinies via breeding.

I do have a Friend Safari with eevee's in it, but I've heard the odds are random and all over the place with encountering Shinies, though I did encounter a Shiny Loudred in said safari.

Takumi.

Heart of a Clockwork Child
    Years
  • I actually started a topic earlier discussing shiny's in the friend safari.

To be honest, I think your chances of encountering a shiny eevee in friend safari are greater, but thats just my opinion :) and collecting all the eeveelutions is an awesome idea :) Espeon and Umbreon are my favourite, but the fairy type sylveon is killing it, online and in game, for me right now :)

Kagura_Nitrogat

Egg Factory
    Years
  • I actually started a topic earlier discussing shiny's in the friend safari.

To be honest, I think your chances of encountering a shiny eevee in friend safari are greater, but thats just my opinion :) and collecting all the eeveelutions is an awesome idea :) Espeon and Umbreon are my favourite, but the fairy type sylveon is killing it, online and in game, for me right now :)

I guess I'll farm the safari in that case :) thanks for the help Takumi, do you mind if I add your friend code?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    If you're looking to breed competitive Eeveelutions you will want to look into Natures and use an Eevee with the correct Nature when breeding. Make it hold an Everstone and it will pass it's Nature to the babies. You can also look into Egg Moves. The three Natures I know that are useful for Eeveelutions off the top of my head are Timid, Bold and Jolly.

Kagura_Nitrogat

Egg Factory
    Years
  • Thank you for the answers guys, I'm not looking to battle though, most people have fun with battling each other, I find the battling rather dull in all honesty, it just turns into glorified rock paper scissors, I much prefer breeding and shiny hunting.

Also if anyone does have Shiny Eevee's I'd be willing to trade my Shiny Loudreds for them, I need as many Eevee's as I can get for my side project hehe.

Back