• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Breeding system

Years
  • Hi, I'm new to the pokecommunity, and I'm working on a pokemon game.
    In my game I would like to include a breeding compatibility system to understand which pokemon can be bred with another.
    Can you help me?

Hi, i'm new to pokecommunity and i'm working on a pokemon game, in my game i'd like to include a pokemon breeding system that indicates which pokemon can be bred with another.
    Can you help me?

Sorry for the repeating.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    How do you want it to work? I think in GSC you could talk to the daycare couple and they'd have a different message if the Pokémon are in the same egg group or not (i.e. can/cannot breed). TBH that might already be in Essentials. If so, you could try and work out what code is responsible for generating the message, and adapt the egg group compatibility check into whatever you want.

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Or else, you can put an applet for compatibility values to be seen in the Pokémon Screen as what I did. You need to be well in Ruby to do it. As for the graphics you need, you may get one from mine, be sure to give credit if appropriate (https://www.deviantart.com/hm-a-technologies/art/compatibilities-812629751)

I have built it as a spritesheet that has four themes.

This is the only alternative if you don't want the way Pokémon GSC does it

HM100

HM100 the Techno
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    If I say something, I DO see it. I can download it.

Last edited:
    Back