• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Using different cry when Pokemon faints

Years
  • Since I have the Gen VII Pokemon cries in my Essentials, how would I go about changing it to Pikachu's cry when it gets knocked out of battle, so it isn't using the distorted "Pika Pika!" that is used when it is brought out?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, could you solve this problem? I am not very good at scripting and I am looking for the solution

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    the easiest way to change cries without scripting is by replacing the cry file by another sound file which has the same name. for example you can go to the folder cries in audio\SE, pick 025Cry which is pikachu's cry, rename it 025Cry2 for example, then go on youtube, type in "cow cry" then download the sound using ytmp3, put it in the cries folder then rename it 025Cry. Now pikachu is mooing.

Years
    • Seen today
    the easiest way to change cries without scripting is by replacing the cry file by another sound file which has the same name. for example you can go to the folder cries in audio\SE, pick 025Cry which is pikachu's cry, rename it 025Cry2 for example, then go on youtube, type in "cow cry" then download the sound using ytmp3, put it in the cries folder then rename it 025Cry. Now pikachu is mooing.

No, I mean to change the cry of Pikachu, for example, that when it is defeated, if you are using a custom cry "Pika Pika" for example, it slows down too much and it's weird. Therefore, I am trying to change it for a different one, without slowing down... I don't know if I explain myself XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    just use another custom cry which is taking less memory. you can also lower the quality of your cry with audacity

Diverscope

Pardon me
    Years
  • just use another custom cry which is taking less memory. you can also lower the quality of your cry with audacity

Do you even understand what they are saying?

In the newer games, Pikachu has a unique Cry when its defeatet as opposed to the other Pokémon who have just a "low pitch" version of their regular cry. Essentials doesn't cover this yet so they are looking for a method to do it.

Years
    • Seen today
    Do you even understand what they are saying?

In the newer games, Pikachu has a unique Cry when its defeatet as opposed to the other Pokémon who have just a "low pitch" version of their regular cry. Essentials doesn't cover this yet so they are looking for a method to do it.

Exactly!

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    Oh ok sorry I don't know these new games. But I don't see why this different cry is so hard to add.

Years
    • Seen today
    I tried to put this in my EBS and also in my Battle Scene, but I can't get it. I'm not very good at scripting, but at least I'm trying.

if isConst?(@battler.pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:PIKACHU)
    pbSEPlay("NEWSOUNDHERE")
    else pbPlayCry(pkmn.pokemon)
    end

U.U

Back