• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Foget my above question, I figured it out. New question: In PET, with a Sapphire ROM, all of the trainers are messed up(or at leats I think they are). There are three trainers named Archie, but I think that is normal because in the game he has different pokemon when you battle him each time. The trainer images for him(and all of the others now that I have looked) are wrong. Archie has Elite Four Drake's image, and Brendan has the Rich Kid's image. Please tell me what is wrong or if there is nothing wrong, then tell me how to change this. Thanks in advacne!

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Someone better answer this.

This is the 3rd time.

How do you edit the town map in fire red that gary's sister give you so you can check where you are? Please give me a step by step explaintion please.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Whenever I attack with my Totodile( that the fat guy in LittleRoot Town gave me with a givepokemon script), the game freezes. Why is this? Thanks for your help!

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Hiidoran can you please answer this question?

How do you edit the town map in fire red that gary's sister gives you so you can check where you are? Please give me a step by step explaintion please only if you can.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Foget my above question, I figured it out. New question: In PET, with a Sapphire ROM, all of the trainers are messed up(or at leats I think they are). There are three trainers named Archie, but I think that is normal because in the game he has different pokemon when you battle him each time. The trainer images for him(and all of the others now that I have looked) are wrong. Archie has Elite Four Drake's image, and Brendan has the Rich Kid's image. Please tell me what is wrong or if there is nothing wrong, then tell me how to change this. Thanks in advacne!
Have you dumped the GFX bank with RS ball? That may be your problem.

Is there a way to edit this without re-compiling the script, or can I delete the script at the old offset, and then write the fixed script to the offset? Thanks!
Find you text in a Hex-editor. It will be stored at the location you chose for the script.

How do you edit the town map in fire red that gary's sister give you so you can check where you are? Please give me a step by step explaintion please.
Ok first off, We are not here just to answer your specific questions. There are other people here too. It gets flooded and we get busy; calm down, we'll answer you eventually. :classic:
Now, as for your question... Use Cyclone to edit the map image. As to re-calibrating where the towns are, your on your own there. I'm not sure if a program exists that can do that. There probably is, who knows...

Whenever I attack with my Totodile( that the fat guy in LittleRoot Town gave me with a givepokemon script), the game freezes. Why is this? Thanks for your help!
Where did you get the script? Are you sure that the script is correct, because otherwise it's a rom image crash. Lot's of things can trigger this that may not even have to do with the Totodile.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2007
Does anyone have the Emerald pokeroms.ini file so that i can use BaseEdit for emerald. I have looked all over the place for it and i cannot find it. If not does anyone know how i could use a hex editor to change pokemon stats to make them better. I dont know what i need to look for.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
The script came from foulump, I just changed it from Cyndaquil to Totodile. It works fine. I get the Totodile, but when I battle, does that. I tried doing somethin other than using scratch, but it did the same thing.

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
Finally, you can see what SMCA does to your ROM.
The 2nd pic is just a random error that I thought was funny (the person I fought wasn't even a trainer)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Is there a way to completely erase all of the maps in your ROM? I don't mean to take away the banks, etc.(although that would help too)I just want to make them blank maps. Thanks!

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
Ok, there's one more question I need answered and then I should be fine for at least today.

I downloaded elitemap a few days ago and read the rubikon tutorial.
From what it told me, the script i have should work.

#org 0x800000
message 0x800100
boxset 0x02
end
#org 0x800100
= Hello World!

When I compile it and set it to the fat guy, I go to talk to him and I just here the selecting noise and he walks off.

So what is wrong with it?

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
@Bxela1- That has happened to me before to. Try re-compiling the script(to another offset), and then setting that offset to the fat guy.

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
im waiting for somebody to help with my script issue and to tell me what an indexed png is.

I actually posted that so if somebody was on and was hiding, that they would prove me wrong by posting.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
Help!

I know how to make script sorta, I want to know if you can make a script that can allow to travel to an Island that I created only after you beat the pokemon league. If this is Possible can you please tell me how to make the script or at least make or give me a tutorial on it. if not I want a script that can make you check to see if you beat the pokemon legue or not so you can access a new area.

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
in emerald, is there anyway to change the first pokemon.
I've already changed the sprite, but i need to change the actual zigzagoon you fight after you pick a pokemon.

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
how did you change the sprite?
this might help my indexed png prob.

ADDED: regarding your problem.

Do you have spread? (comes with elitemap)

If you do, use spread and keep searching for the zigzagoon. Then edit all directions and you're done!

ADDED: I think it's number 208 in spread. I believe that is a zigzagoon (ignore the other pokemon in the frames)

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Does anyone have the Emerald pokeroms.ini file so that i can use BaseEdit for emerald. I have looked all over the place for it and i cannot find it. If not does anyone know how i could use a hex editor to change pokemon stats to make them better. I dont know what i need to look for.
Sorry, they are not complete yet. The only discussion on Emerald Ini's are the following: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92163&highlight=emerald+ini . This, however, does not have to do with BaseEdit, but instead, Advanced Text.

The script came from foulump, I just changed it from Cyndaquil to Totodile. It works fine. I get the Totodile, but when I battle, does that. I tried doing somethin other than using scratch, but it did the same thing.
Hmm, sorry. I do not know what is causing the problem. Something must be wrong somewhere with the script. Try a different script. Also, what is the first thing you battled? That might also have something to do with it.

Is there a way to completely erase all of the maps in your ROM? I don't mean to take away the banks, etc.(although that would help too)I just want to make them blank maps. Thanks!
Nope, sorry. Just erase the maps one at a time...:D

Ok, there's one more question I need answered and then I should be fine for at least today.

I downloaded elitemap a few days ago and read the rubikon tutorial.
From what it told me, the script i have should work.
Also, if anybody knows what an indexed PNG actually is, that would be great if they could tell me.
Many people have this problem. Even I had this problem for about... 5 months! Anyway, try what I said here: http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?p=2628123#post2628123
It's the first question answered. Also, a PNG file is an image file. You can save in this format using Paint.

I know how to make script sorta, I want to know if you can make a script that can allow to travel to an Island that I created only after you beat the pokemon league. If this is Possible can you please tell me how to make the script or at least make or give me a tutorial on it. if not I want a script that can make you check to see if you beat the pokemon legue or not so you can access a new area.
Yes it is possible, just find a flag that requires that says the Elite-Four have been defeated. Apply it to your script.

what are you doing this is not a chit chat topic.
actually posted that so if somebody was on and was hiding, that they would prove me wrong by posting.
Ok, guys that's enough. This discussion is for help with Fan-hacking, let's keep it this way, alright? ;)
Also, we don't have to answer your question Blxea1, We do this out of the kindness of our hearts.

in emerald, is there anyway to change the first pokemon.
I've already changed the sprite, but i need to change the actual zigzagoon you fight after you pick a pokemon.
Sorry, that script is untouchble so-far. The only way to change this is to change the Zigzagoon sprite itself.

Hope it helped!
-Hiidoran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back