• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
This code you gave is wrong too ;/, i put it into asm file:
Spoiler:

Here's the error:
hxxp://img46.imageshack.us/i/nowyobrazmapabitowamj.png/
(xx = tt)
I don't understand it ; (
Attached is a txt file with the correct code. Download it then rename it to "exp.asm" then compile it.

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Feb 24, 2018
Open up the trainer in a-trainer and make the AI value 0 (in pokémon data, make sure all pokémon have 0 AI data. This will make them use no strategy and just send them out one after the other)

Great! Thank you very much! :)

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
Years
This has to do with scripting in a way so I'm guessing it goes here and if it doesn't don't hate cuz everone makes mistakes.
OK the question that keeps me from scripting.
When you have a script tile placed what do you put in for the:
Unkown
Var Number
Var Value
Unkown (that has two boxes)
and do they change for each map or something? Please go in detail because this is what has scared me of scripting.
Yes I have looked for this infromation but I never found it.
Thank you in advanced :)
~PEPITO1O1O

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
This has to do with scripting in a way so I'm guessing it goes here and if it doesn't don't hate cuz everone makes mistakes.
OK the question that keeps me from scripting.
When you have a script tile placed what do you put in for the:
Unkown
Var Number
Var Value
Unkown (that has two boxes)
and do they change for each map or something? Please go in detail because this is what has scared me of scripting.
Yes I have looked for this infromation but I never found it.
Thank you in advanced :)
~PEPITO1O1O

Unknown is kinda explanatory. It's unknown. Var number is a variable that can be set so it only happens once. (Ex. Professor Oak stops you from going into grass.)
Var Value is the current value of the variable. 1 if it already happened; 0 if not.

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
Years
And how do you figure out the var numbers? Because I have noticed that in different maps the var numbers are different.

PEPITO1O1O

~Saïx~
Years
So much information that is helpful. Thank you. But ver quickly would the car number need to be in the script somewhere?

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
Hi. New at scripting, and i TRIED to combine a givepokemon/applymovement script...
Game: Fire Red
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

It freezes once the man i give the script to at Hi, [player]!
And yeah, if I did anything wrong, could you help correct it?

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Hi. New at scripting, and i TRIED to combine a givepokemon/applymovement script...
Game: Fire Red
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

It freezes once the man i give the script to at Hi, [player]!
And yeah, if I did anything wrong, could you help correct it?

The problem is, you put additional commands after a text string. Nothing but text can go in those. After the msgbox @2 0x6, take this entire part:
Spoiler:

and paste it in. That should fix it. I didn't thoroughly look for any other possible problems though, but I don't think you wrote anything else incorrectly.

vietazn654

Years
The problem is, you put additional commands after a text string. Nothing but text can go in those. After the msgbox @2 0x6, take this entire part:
Spoiler:

and paste it in. That should fix it. I didn't thoroughly look for any other possible problems though, but I don't think you wrote anything else incorrectly.

i did that and it froze on the givepokemon script... do u think its the givepokemon script i messed up on? 0.O

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
i did that and it froze on the givepokemon script... do u think its the givepokemon script i messed up on? 0.O

If that's the starter it's giving, a certain flag has to be set to activate the pokemon menu button first. Try setting flag 828 before the givepokemon command. If my off-the-top-of-my-head guess is wrong, decompile a starter script from a clean ROM and check what flags it uses.

vietazn654

Years
If that's the starter it's giving, a certain flag has to be set to activate the pokemon menu button first. Try setting flag 828 before the givepokemon command. If my off-the-top-of-my-head guess is wrong, decompile a starter script from a clean ROM and check what flags it uses.
yeah it is :P alright, so um, how do i "decompile" a starter script?

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2012
Beginner Scripter

Hey everybody! One simple question.... (It's about scripting.. not the simple question thread)

You know when you press "Compile Script" The Log reads the script, but then the Buf Rit window won't appear (The window with the blue book to choose the ROM)
I can assure you, the script has no mistakes whatsoever.
I am using XSE.

Once I searched how to fix it, one of them said I needed to download the latest version of Buf Rit, is that a real file?
If so, can someone help me find it?
Google is no help when searching BufRit.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hey everybody! One simple question.... (It's about scripting.. not the simple question thread)

You know when you press "Compile Script" The Log reads the script, but then the Buf Rit window won't appear (The window with the blue book to choose the ROM)
I can assure you, the script has no mistakes whatsoever.
I am using XSE.

Once I searched how to fix it, one of them said I needed to download the latest version of Buf Rit, is that a real file?
If so, can someone help me find it?
Google is no help when searching BufRit.

BufRit isn't part of the scripting scene anymore.
XSE doesn't need BufRit, that compile screen is the screen that tells you where you put your scripts.
(If you are using the NEWEST XSE, version you should be okay.)
Be sure you are scripting in eXtreme Script, instead of PokeScript or ScriptEd. (eXtreme Script is the name I've given XSE's Scripting language.)

To compile the script you right to a ROM, open XSE.
Then, click File --> Open
Open your GBA ROM.

Then, type (Or Copy/Paste) Your script into the XSE Script Box

At this point, I usually check my scripts over for errors by pressing the DEBUG button, if there is an error or revision I want to make, I make it.

Now, press the Compile Button. (The one with 2 Gears next to the Debug Button)

At this point, you should have the Compiler Log open.
The Compiler Log gives you the locations where your scripts were inserted at, as well as a detailed readout on your script(s).

Lets look at the Compiler Log shall we?
(Not posting an image, open up YOUR XSE, and look yourself.)
What you SHOULD see is a window, with 3 boxes in it. (As well as a Copy button)

The big box on top can BASICALLY be ignored as that doesn't seem to be your problem.
The 2nd box holds offset's "Dynamic Labels" and 3rd box holds the Compiled Scrip's Locations.

Now, find out which offset you need, by looking at your script.
(Most XSE scripters start their script with a big ol' :
#org @start )
If YOU did, that is PROBABLY what you want to select in the compiler log.

Now, click it in the log, and press the copy button.

NOW, open up A-Map, and find what you want to place the script on.
It goes in the box called "Script Offset" in A-Map

PROTIP
If you decide to reply to this post, dont quote the WHOLE post, that would be annoying and people won't like it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
My little problem

I've got into doing scripting and im doing quite well but i just want to seek someones advice.

Im using the pokemon fire red rom and im trying to do a script simular to when oak comes to the player when trying to leave pallet town with no pokemon. what im trying to do is when i stand on a script block i want a person to be seen and walk over to me. how ever i want him to be hidden like prof oak is before the script is activated ive tried to put the sprite as hidden in advancedmaps and when scripting use showsprite command but it just runs the script with the script hidden.

can anyone help

thanks
jon

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Rom:Leafgreen
Event: Get Starter Pokemon
please help! I want to edit it so you don't have to try and go to route 1 for prof oak to give you a pokemon
does anyone know a script that can just put him in his lab at the first place?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So, I'm hacking Ruby atm.
Is there any way to change where the character appears after coming out of the truck (in the beginning of the game)? And if so, how? Because I can't seem to find the script.

That's not scripting. You just need advancemap.
Find "Inside of Truck" on the list and edit the warps.

Last edited:

vietazn654

Years
Alright, what's wrong with this one now?
Spoiler:

It freezes right after: Wait, [PLAYER]!
To be more specific if freezes after the person walks to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back