• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make 'em Rage, Make 'em Rage ♫ - Gen V OU RMT

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Make 'em Rage, Make 'em Rage
Gen V OU RMT
My first, to be exact :3 !

186.gif
134.gif
242.gif
212.gif
598.gif
149.gif

Team Building Process

Well, to start things off, I was just searching through Vaporeon's Smogon page when I saw that it had a page listed as a Hydration tank and a Baton Passer separate. I've seem the damage that a certain Vaporeon can Wall, equipped with rain, Hydration, Acid Armor and Rest. I couldn't beat it, so I decided to join it. So, to start, I had a Vaporeon. But to activate rain I need the highly used Politoed, who I loathe to oppose.

186.gif
134.gif

Now, I wanted Vaporeon to pass on stats to its teammates during battles. I chose Acid Armor, as I planned to make this team stall based. Now, what's one of the best walls in the game that can benefit monstrously from a defense boost? Blissey! When a +6 defense boost is passed onto Blissey it has over 500 defense, which is a lot higher than it's special defense, making it the ultimate tank.

186.gif
134.gif
242.gif

Now, I had core of this team complete, but to help with setting up Stealth Rock I enlisted a Ferrothorn, who is a wonderful stalling perfect for killing speedy Pokemon with a hefty Gyro Ball. He is also a great seeder, aiding my team in recovery.

186.gif
134.gif
242.gif
598.gif

Now, those four seem pretty annoying to face in a battle. But I wanted to be completely unbearable when it came to annoyance. So, I wanted to enlist a status inducer to aid in this. After some searching I found that Dragonite was the spreader I was looking for. With Substitute, Marvel Scale, Thunder Wave, Dragon Tail and a defense boost from Vaporeon (if desired), it seemed fairly good on paper.

186.gif
134.gif
242.gif
598.gif
149.gif

Now, that's five out of the six Pokemon. Now, my thoughts turned to the near end of the battle, where the opponent is stricken with plenty of status, the ground is flooded with rage, and the opponent is considerably drained. What Pokemon has plenty of strength that can be abused in such conditions? Scizor! Scizor is a great late game sweeper for this team, taking full advantage of the rain to assist in its fire weakness.

186.gif
134.gif
242.gif
598.gif
149.gif
212.gif

So, there you have it. What I call my team. I started testing it and of all the battles, I only finished a few. Why? Because they all rage quitted. Hence the name.

The Team

186.gif

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpAtk / 20 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Hydro Pump

- Ice Beam

- Focus Blast

- Hidden Power [Grass]

My new-found love of toads stem from this little chap right here. A standard Choice Specs lead is all. If another weather abuser is on a different team, I tend to start rain and switch out asap, just in case I need to induce weather further down the track.

134.gif

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Hydration

EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 128 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Baton Pass

- Acid Armor

- Rest

- Scald

Ah, here he is! I just had to have one on my team after being pummeled again and again by Vaporeon7's Vaporeon. This is a Hydration Tank set, but modified to my liking. This can take a majority of attacks, even super effective ones, rather well. Thanks to Hydration, I never get status, and Rest is a one-turn heal. I usually just set up no matter what the opponent does, as they can't really hurt me. Scald is so I am not Taunt fodder, and if I want to burn the opponent (just for fun).

149.gif

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Multiscale

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd

Careful Nature (+Atk, -SDef)

- Thunder Wave

- Thunder Wave

- Roost

- Dragon Tail

My status spreader! Dragonite usually comes in and absorbs whatever attack is thrown thanks to Multiscale. It then sets up a sub and T-Waves and D-Tails to the high heavens. Roost when needed, and this usually continues until a large number of the opponents team is paralyzed or dead. I like to have Stealth Rocks up before this thing goes out, as it wields a lot more damage with it.

598.gif

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 170 SDef

Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)

- Stealth Rock

- Leech Seed

- Gyro Ball

- Protect

The trap layer, Ferrothorn. Stealth Rock and Leech Seed are there to aid Dragonite in status spreading, and Protect to just leech the opponent of its health and recover a little moer. Gyro Ball for those annoying Dragon Dancers and other speedies.

242.gif

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef

Calm Nature (-Atk, +SDef)

- Aromatherapy

- Softboiled

- Seismic Toss

- Toxic

Ah, Blissey the one with the most potential. After getting a +6 defense from Vaporeon it usually doesn't take crap from anyone. It also gets rid of status and spreads it. When it is at full defenses, I like to Seismic Toss and Toxic until necessary, as it really does put a dent in the opposing team. The only problem I'm having is that when Blissey gets a boost of defense, it really doesn't do much with it except take attacks. I know that's its primary function, but I was kind of hoping for it to help on the attacking side a little too. I am planning to test a Calm Mind variation of the above, but I don't want to lost the current moves it has.

212.gif

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Technician

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Bullet Punch

- Bug Bite

- Superpower

When the battle field is alive with electricity, Scizor comes to take its pray. A good switch in and a Swords Dance later, Scizor is a hefty being capable of gaining at least a 2HKO on everything I've faced. Not much more to say on this one, other than yay it worked so well.

What I'd like

This team has been (so far) successful overall, but there are some things I'm lacking that would really help me as a team. Unfortunately, I couldn't fit them in without losing something else with more priority, but if anyone has a greater knowledge of how I could include them I would greatly appreciate it.

• Phazer
  • Rapid Spinner
  • Spin Blocker/Ghost Type
  • Slightly more offensive Blissey
  • I'm sure there were more, but I've forgotten.
Evidence

Here is some of my gameplay videos, to help those see how I play (don't use this against me). Unfortunately, most of the replays end abruptly (which is were the rage quits happen), I'm only showing the full battles, and yes, I'm cherrypicking:

http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Impo-vs-Lexxa--2011-11-05
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Impo-vs-Ragudugie--2011-11-05
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Impo-vs---2011-11-05
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Impo-vs-FlipPip--2011-11-05
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Impo-vs-Anti--2011-11-06

Closing Notes

I made cookies today, they tasted nice.

Last edited:

NothingPersonal

The vietnamese pokemon master.
Years
This is your first OU team? It looks amazing tbh. Every pokemon seems legit. The acid armor baton pass is a unique and smart tactic. 520 def and 369 sp. def with 714 HP? That's insane man. I really don't want to get rid of anything from this team and replace it, because everything seems so well put together. But I'll give you some ideas.

First off, an offensive blissey is just horrible. Attacks off a 75 base sp. atk is really underwhelming. Stick with toxic stalling/seismic toss(solid 100 HP damage, come on). Secondly, there is one spinner that comes to mind in OU: Starmie.
Starmie @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Starmie can utilize an offensive set, while spinning away any hazards. Hydro pump has more power, but surf has more reliablity, pick your poison. This, combined with BoltBeam, gives off very nice coverage.

Another spinner would be forretress:
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball / Earthquake / Volt Switch
Forretress can also run a set with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef and a relaxed or Sassy nature. Forretress can rapid spin while setting up hazards. Gyro ball is recommended with 0 speed EVs and a speed hindering nature, giving it 150 BP + STAB to pokemon that are fast. You can use it over Earthquake, or Volt Switch (for momentum and a quick getaway).

As for a spin blocker, you really just need a ghost pokemon with nice bulk. Jellicent can be used, as it can burn physical attackers and taunt other pokemon:
Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald / Surf
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
Pretty simple, taunt out anything that'll screw you over, then burn physical attacks with either WoW or Scald. Recover is reliable for restoring HP. Surf can be used over Scald for more power, if you feel that WoW is enough to get the burning job done. But take into consideration that WoW has shaky accuracy.

Lastly, a phazer is a pokemon with whirlwind or roar (roar becomes useless against Soundproof, though, but Soundproof isn't seen to often). This combined with RestTalk and a reliable attacking move, can make an effective phazer. This may be set up fodder though, as there is only a 33% chance of pick roar/whirlwind with Sleep Talk. Gyarados can be effective as it has decent bulk and intimidate:
Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Roar / Dragon Tail
SleepTalk is for recovery, Waterfall is for STAB(also for not getting screwed over by taunt). Roar is to phaze. Dragon Tail can be used over it, to laugh in the face of taunt users, but be warned, Dragon Tail may not be able to break a substiute.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
wow, thank you so much for replying :D !

This is your first OU team? It looks amazing tbh. Every pokemon seems legit. The acid armor baton pass is a unique and smart tactic. 520 def and 369 sp. def with 714 HP? That's insane man. I really don't want to get rid of anything from this team and replace it, because everything seems so well put together. But I'll give you some ideas.

Yeah, I had the same problem :/ .

First off, an offensive blissey is just horrible. Attacks off a 75 base sp. atk is really underwhelming. Stick with toxic stalling/seismic toss(solid 100 HP damage, come on). Secondly, there is one spinner that comes to mind in OU: Starmie.
Starmie @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Starmie can utilize an offensive set, while spinning away any hazards. Hydro pump has more power, but surf has more reliablity, pick your poison. This, combined with BoltBeam, gives off very nice coverage.

Oh, this could be nice! I could maybe try and test how this would be instead of Scizor, could be a replacement late game sweeper.

Another spinner would be forretress:
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball / Earthquake / Volt Switch
Forretress can also run a set with 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef and a relaxed or Sassy nature. Forretress can rapid spin while setting up hazards. Gyro ball is recommended with 0 speed EVs and a speed hindering nature, giving it 150 BP + STAB to pokemon that are fast. You can use it over Earthquake, or Volt Switch (for momentum and a quick getaway).

I was debating this over Ferrothorn, to be honest :) !

As for a spin blocker, you really just need a ghost pokemon with nice bulk. Jellicent can be used, as it can burn physical attackers and taunt other pokemon:
Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald / Surf
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt
Pretty simple, taunt out anything that'll screw you over, then burn physical attacks with either WoW or Scald. Recover is reliable for restoring HP. Surf can be used over Scald for more power, if you feel that WoW is enough to get the burning job done. But take into consideration that WoW has shaky accuracy.

Lastly, a phazer is a pokemon with whirlwind or roar (roar becomes useless against Soundproof, though, but Soundproof isn't seen to often). This combined with RestTalk and a reliable attacking move, can make an effective phazer. This may be set up fodder though, as there is only a 33% chance of pick roar/whirlwind with Sleep Talk. Gyarados can be effective as it has decent bulk and intimidate:
Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Roar / Dragon Tail
SleepTalk is for recovery, Waterfall is for STAB(also for not getting screwed over by taunt). Roar is to phaze. Dragon Tail can be used over it, to laugh in the face of taunt users, but be warned, Dragon Tail may not be able to break a substiute.

Ah, there's so many pokemon and so little slots DX .
And yeah, Dragon Tail on my Dragonite can be used for phazing like that, but I like the fact that whirlwind can remove substitutes too

Years
Hello Impo.

Cute Rain team, although I think it can be improved upon.

First, I think you should change your current spread on Politoed to the Bulky SpecsToed set. In my opinion, running speed on Politoed is somewhat useless unless it's a Scarf Set, it would be much better off being able to take some hits.

EVs: 236 HP / 252 SAtk / 20 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

Next up, this team has a pretty somewhat of a Celebi weakness even with Blissey, it can open up some pretty big holes on your team. You can remedy this by replacing Substitute on Dragonite for Hurricane and giving it a Calm Nature. Hurricane is amazing in the rain and can make the opponent wary of switching in since it causes confusion.

Your Ferrothorn needs Spikes over Protect, even if Protect is helpful with recovery and scouting, being able to set spikes makes Dragonite's ability to phaze so much more potent and can often help you win. Ferro is one of the best spikers in the game, so abuse that!

Your Blissey spread needs a lot more Special Defense EVs, a Physical spread isn't going to cut it in a meta full of rain boosted Hydro Pumps, Specs Hurricanes and Sun Boosted +1 Fire Blasts. I suggest running this spread on Blissey instead, with the same moveset.

Blissey @ Leftovers
104 HP/252 Def/152 SDef
Calm Nature

Good luck!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Hello Impo.

Cute Rain team, although I think it can be improved upon.

tell tell tell :D

First, I think you should change your current spread on Politoed to the Bulky SpecsToed set. In my opinion, running speed on Politoed is somewhat useless unless it's a Scarf Set, it would be much better off being able to take some hits.

EVs: 236 HP / 252 SAtk / 20 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

I've been noticing that Volt Switch has been OHKOing a lot, so maybe this would help, thanks :) !

Next up, this team has a pretty somewhat of a Celebi weakness even with Blissey, it can open up some pretty big holes on your team. You can remedy this by replacing Substitute on Dragonite for Hurricane and giving it a Calm Nature. Hurricane is amazing in the rain and can make the opponent wary of switching in since it causes confusion.

To be honest, I've never actually faced a Celebi that troubled me, but I trust your judgement, so I'll change it :) .

Your Ferrothorn needs Spikes over Protect, even if Protect is helpful with recovery and scouting, being able to set spikes makes Dragonite's ability to phaze so much more potent and can often help you win. Ferro is one of the best spikers in the game, so abuse that!

Oh, that sounds a lot better :) !

Your Blissey spread needs a lot more Special Defense EVs, a Physical spread isn't going to cut it in a meta full of rain boosted Hydro Pumps, Specs Hurricanes and Sun Boosted +1 Fire Blasts. I suggest running this spread on Blissey instead, with the same moveset.

Blissey @ Leftovers
104 HP/252 Def/152 SDef
Calm Nature

Good luck!

Maybe that's why Vrai's Rotom-W's Hydro Pump took away 20% of my health xD . I shall change, thank you so much :D !

Back