• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokémon Ranger re-release on Wii U eShop

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    poke_ranger_box-1000x576.jpg

Prepare to draw a million circles within Pokémon Ranger on your Wii U Gamepad. Out for Europe this Thursday!

Click here to view the article.

pkmin3033

...would still prefer this on the 3DS eShop.

I'm quite surprised that the EU is so prompt with these things, considering we're so late with absolutely everything else. I'm guessing the Manaphy event for this isn't included, or can't be transferred if it is? It'd be wonderful if we had Guardian Signs and Shadows of Almia with the event Pokemon and Wi-Fi missions, but I'm guessing the chances of that happening are pretty slim if/when the two sequels are re-released.

Sirfetch’d

I really need to pick up a WiiU and this is more of a reason why. I quite enjoyed this game as a kid and part of me has really been wanting to play it again. Not to mention I need a WiiU for various other games...

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Oh my! Are they seriously re-releasing every spin-off game as well? I wonder when the announcement for a Conquest re-release will be.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I wonder if North America will get these releases. I would prefer to see these on the 3DS eShop as well, as I don't own a Wii U, and this probably isn't enough to make me buy one. However, if enough other games are released that I suddenly feel compelled to pick up a Wii U (or if the system price drops a bit), I would probably buy this to try it out. Ranger is one of the few spin-off series I've never played (that and Conquest).

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Why on the WiiU? This was a handheld game. Why not on the 3DS?

Aside from the fact you can still pick those games up and insert them into your 3DS, I think the other reason (along with GBA games) is because the 3DS isn't capable of providing a full suite of Virtual Console features like the currently available titles do. You wouldn't be able to create Restore Points, or suspend the game to use built-in apps like Miiverse or the Internet Browser. (GBA games also aren't able to be put into Sleep Mode)

It would be a very sub-par experience and probably dilute the quality of the Virtual Console brand and not be what most people have expected from re-releases of old games for years.

Back