• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Cant give a nickname right after capturing a pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2019
    Hey, I started making my own pokemon game 2 days ago without any idea on how to do scripts or so, I pretty much know all the basics now so I recently installed EBS, everything's fine except that when I try to give a nickname to a Pokemon, the game shows a error message, after that if I close the messsage the game keeps running without any crashes, but the pokemon that I captured disappears.

Here's the error:
    Exception: NameError
    TextEntry:1601:in `pbEnterText'
    TextEntry:1622:in `pbEnterPokemonName'
    PokeBattle_Scene:2499:in `pbNameEntry_ebs'
    EliteBattle_Scene:1784:in `pbNameEntry'
    PokeBattle_Battle:17:in `pbStorePokemon'
    PokeBattle_Battle:166:in `pbThrowPokeBall_ebs'
    EliteBattle_Battle:367:in `pbThrowPokeBall'
    PItem_ItemEffects:1683
    PItem_ItemEffects:1682:in `call'
    Event:150:in `trigger'

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    My lazy and completely untested idea would be to do
    Code:
    USEKEYBOARDTEXTENTRY = true
    Somewhere in the Settings part of the scripts. The error message is complaining about not having that variable assigned to anything, so either true or false (depending on what you want) ought to work?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2019
    My lazy and completely untested idea would be to do
    Code:
    USEKEYBOARDTEXTENTRY = true
    Somewhere in the Settings part of the scripts. The error message is complaining about not having that variable assigned to anything, so either true or false (depending on what you want) ought to work?

Okay it worked, that was so simple damn, I feel stupid lol. Ty!

Back