• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't open Game or Editor

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
When I try to open the game or editor nothing happens, and when I try to open the .rxproj in RPGXP it says that it contains an invalid path. How do I fix this? I have Windows 7.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Have you got it set to (right clicking RPG MAKER XP icon, Properties) 'Windows XP Compatlibility pack (I forget the number, it's a 2 or a 5)'?

Or, have you accidentally turn your computer off with Rpg Maker and your project open? That can often always corrupt the .rxproj file.

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023
Have you got it set to (right clicking RPG MAKER XP icon, Properties) 'Windows XP Compatlibility pack (I forget the number, it's a 2 or a 5)'?

Or, have you accidentally turn your computer off with Rpg Maker and your project open? That can often always corrupt the .rxproj file.

I do have the properties set to the right compatability and I haven't been able to open the file at all.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

madarawolf

Espada Cuarta
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2023

I haven't been able to open the project at all, so I couldn't have done that.

Back