• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea for Other Chat...

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
  • Now, as I'm sure you know, there is one frequently breached rule in Other Chat - "No 'funny' picture/video threads."

Now, it might just be me, but surely an Official thread of this type, stickied at the top of the forum, would solve this problem. Anyone who found/made a funny picture or video could post it there, so that we could all share them, without having thousands of threads cluttering up the forum.

So, what do you reckon? I'm sure there's probably some problem with this idea, cause it seems a bit too obvious that no-one's suggested it before...

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Seems more like spam to me.

"No "Funny Video" threads. These threads leave little room for discussion and are not to be posted unless a mature, intelligent discussion can come from it."

Most of the replies in that thread would be, "Hahha, that's a great video/image. :]"

No real discussion would come out of it; thus it is spam.

But why make a thread that just contradicts with the rules?

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Eh, but you don't get what I'm saying. A thread like that has no use, nor any good discussion would come out of it.

It's just a way for people to post random so called funny images, in a ways to raise post count or just spam for fun. :\

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    The post count could just be turned off, at least that's the impressions I've gotten.

But that's not the point anyway; There's already a ton of sites that are dedicated to 'funny' images, and if you can't find them then you can simply use Google.
    Making a thread here on PC as well would be pointless.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • Something in OT like that might do okay.
    Like Post the link to a funny image and then the person under you rates it, and posts their own.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    We had one in there before, it was locked within the day if I recall correctly.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I actually approve of this idea. Sure it's pointless but I think PC's rules are just a tad bit too strict. Lighten up a little will you? What do people do when they need something to do? Watch a silly video or two.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Your right, typing a different URL is far too difficult these days.

Moving your mouse all the way up there? :o

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Eh, it's not even that posting in it would be counted as clutter, but as Closer was trying to point out forums are for discussion, not LOL THAT WAS HILARIOUS. (although we do that quite a bit too. :3)

Videos and fun pictures can go on VM walls or sent to friends through PM, there's not much needed in a thread on it's own.

Back