• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I felt it was time for a new thread.

What is allowed in this thread:
    Originally written by Dawson
    • Requesting for somebody to post a chip/charset or other resources that can be ripped straight from games.
    • Requesting a tutorial or where to find them
    • Asking how to to perform 'simple' actions
    • Asking where to get certain programs to help with your game making ie Sprite Converter
    • Asking for help when your code isn't working correctly

What isn't allowed in this thread:
    Originally written by Dawson
    • Requesting somebody to custom make a chip/charset for you
    • Asking how to make a CBS, CMS, Pokedex etc
    • Asking for someone to give you one of the above
    • Asking for someone to make a script just for you
    • Requesting warez
    • Asking for someone to post their own code

When you're asking for help, make sure you include the following:
    • A screenshot demonstrating the problem
    • Steps taken up till the problem
    • A thorough and comprehensive layout of text so that it is easy to understand
    • And what EXACTLY the screen says when the error occurs

NO asking for custom stuff. Your requests will never get replied to and just clutter the thread.

External Links

RPG Maker XP
    Information Courtesy of Dawson
    RPG Maker 2000/2003
    Information Courtesy of Dawson
    Sphere
    Game Maker

-----
    Old Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Since Dawson wrote the original rules and you copied most of them, people normally credit the original writers.

Years
  • Claire said:
    Since Dawson wrote the original rules and you copied most of them, people normally credit the original writers.
    I was going to do that after I modified my post, but I got interrupted while doing so. Credit has been inserted and post reworked.

Last edited:

MasaXGPMat

Super Transcedent Milenio
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    well im glad this thread started a fresh nice job Avatar :cool:

Dragon.Beat

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2005
    Space Guard 05 said:
    thanx Dragon.Beat they are exactly what I was looking for! and the right type too!
    It's great to know that I was of some help.

Link2005 said:
    Please i need a pokemon catching system, and a pokemon storing system.
    It's clearly said in the rules that custom systems shouldn't be asked.
    I know what I say right now may sound harsh, but honestly, if you want to get a game done, the catching system and storing system are things that you can get done yourself. Really, once you get the original outline planned out for how you can get the things done, it's really a repetition of "thinking," and "doing."

The systems that you've mentioned are honestly pretty easy(coding outline-wise) IMO. I don't know what maker you use, but I sure hope you give it a shot yourself. You'll really learn something; as I did, with the CBS.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • Okay, could someone please give me an interior chipset of a plane. Preferably RMXP, Pok?mon style. If not available in Pok?mon style, could someone give me one and a Chicago city-type chipset?

I would like the plane to be modern as the city.

Thanks,
    ~ Josh

pokemon500

wanna learn how to use rpg
    Years
  • can i get inside tiles for pokemon centers and marts also gyms please for rpgmaker 2003 please and ty

Dragon.Beat

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2005
    We've made a nice start. Let's keep up the "order," guys. XD
    I was wondering if anyone had the font for the pokemon names. You know the ones that are shown next to the LV and stuff in the battle. (both in-battle, and pokemon switch screen would be nice.)

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • Cursed, i don't know how much it costs but there is a free demo, it lasts for 30 days. After that then just keep unzipping the file every 30 days! RMXP for free!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back