• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Partially Submerged in Water/Lavaridge Hot Springs Effect?

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2020
    OWbN.gif

I was considering implementing this type of effect, and noted that no one else had asked or scripted it(as far as I could search). Laying the third layer with translucent/transparent water would also cover the face so that was out for me. So I was wondering if the effect stated was possible through any means.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Maybe you have to make a event with that, then, Set Move Route to change the Graphics.

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Couldn't stop myself from testing it. So here is one way you can pull this off without events.

This solution will automatically slow down the player to walking speed as soon as he/she is in water and will also automatically change the players outfit.
    Note that in my example pictures I used an exisiting tilest and just modified it for testing purposes. I also only roughly removed everything from the player sprite that is not needed.

1) Create an outfit file for the player that only shows the head (and everything else you want to appear above water)

2) Save the file in the Graphics\Characters folder. Name it like "trchar001_1.png" (the underscore is important and the number corresponds to the outfit number, see also)

3) Open Script Editor and go to the script section PBTerrain

4) Add
    Code:
    SpringWater     = 17
    after
    Code:
    Puddle          = 16

5) Add this
    Code:
    def PBTerrain.isSpringWater?(tag)
        return tag==PBTerrain::SpringWater
      end
    right beneath the previous added line

6) To this block
    Code:
    def PBTerrain.onlyWalk?(tag)
    add
    Code:
    || tag==PBTerrain::SpringWater
    after
    Code:
    tag==PBTerrain::Ice

7) Go to the Script Section Game_Character

8) Before this block
    Code:
    def moving?
        return (@real_x != @x*4*Game_Map::TILEWIDTH or @real_y != @y*4*Game_Map::TILEHEIGHT)
      end
    add this
    Code:
    def hotSpring?
        return PBTerrain.isSpringWater?($game_map.terrain_tag($game_player.x,$game_player.y))
      end

9) Go to the Script Section Game_Player and find
    Code:
    #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # * Frame Update
      #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      def update

10) After
    Code:
    last_moving = moving?
    add
    Code:
    $Trainer.outfit= hotSpring? ? 1 : 0

11) Edit your tileset, so that you can create the desired Hot Springs and place them in your tileset folder

12) Start the game via RMXP and open the debug menu

13) Go to the Information Editor and select "Edit Terrain Tags"

14) Navigate to your Hot Spring Water tiles and set them to 17

15) Save the changes, close the editor and then close te game AND RMXP

DONE! You can now set up a map with Hot Springs

The result could look like this:
    capture019a1k2k.png

capture020qjj09.png

capture0214rksh.png

Back