• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hidden Grottoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Well I am trying to get vulpix, poliwhirl and ditto from the hidden grottoes. I've read the game mechanics and I sort of understand them (you regenerate the grotto by walking so many steps right?), but I was wondering if anyone had a trick to help the grottoes to regenerate faster, or at least make the time spent regenerating the grottoes.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    This really is more of a quick question, so next time, PLEASE post there instead of a whole new thread. New threads are meant for discussions, not for questions like this.

As far as your answer goes, there is no faster way. You really do have to just be patient. 256 steps is how much it takes for it to regenerate, and even then, there's only a 5% chance that it WILL regenerate.

Then, once the grotto if regenerated, you have a 40% of finding an item, a 40% chance of a HIDDEN item (one you'd have to use an Itemfinder to find) and then a 20% chance of a Pokemon.

In other words, you have a ways to go, good luck, and next time use the Quick Questions thread that has been stickied to the top of Black 2 and White 2 section's page.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back