• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black City

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
  • Did anyone else think that this particular city (at least in Black&White; I haven't made it that far in the sequels) was just completely lazy? There was nothing there sans a Pokémon Centre. Is there no greater purpose? Not having interiors is not one of my biggest concerns. If they had made it more jungle like in a City-Sense, like lots of streets with side-walks I would be far less annoyed at it's emptiness. But it was just like... a big city square.

I'm not mad as much as I'm a little confused as to it's reasons of even being in the game. Going back to Mt. Moon in your revisit in G/S/C/hG/sS, it also seems lazy, but at least there was something of value to do or see in their.

So in conclusion, how did you feel about the B/W Black City?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    Black City has a bunch of shops selling items like evolution stones and shards, it also has some trainers that can be re-matched every day.
    There is a hidden value that determines the population of Black City, this value goes down a little every time you visit the city or battle a trainer there. But it goes down every time a day passes.
    If your city has become completely empty the only way to repopulate it is to link up with another player who has the White version and invite NPCs to your city in the Entralink.
    So unless you have a second DS or a friend with Pokémon White you are, unfortunately, out of luck.

You will also see more buildings, and the already mentioned market once your city starts to fill up a little more.

Nakala Pri

I think it was just a waste of time including this dump. Nothing here but a pokemon centre? That is just annoying, I expected some kind of mystery going on here, not just some morons who leave after the battle. Maybe it's got a reason, maybe not. I just hope later in Pokemon Black 2 my sister will discover it's purpose or something.

Ta-ta from moi.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I honestly hate Black City. Yes, there are some rare items and trainers you can battle, but I think it is crap compared to White Forest. I like catching pokemon so Black City is pretty much a waste to me.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • If you have an Action Replay then Black City is wonderful. Only place in the series you can buy Moon Stones.

White Forest is more useful because you can catch Pokémon, but it's definitely overrated IMO, because not always will you have access to the really useful Pokémon like Bagon. What hurts Black City is that the GTS is a complete flop. The trainers there are supposed to add pages to your Pokédex so you can go to the GTS and request those Pokémon. However, the GTS is full of people trading illegal Pokémon anonymously, and never has what you want.

The ability to buy rare items is something nice, though. Of course, you can be unlucky and have the NPC that gives you Poké Balls in the market, and Poké Balls in the Black Mart are ridiculously expensive, but the ability to buy evo stones and Heart Scales is definitely a plus, however expensive they are.

I personally prefer the Black City because it's much more difficult to get the rare items than to get the rare Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Back