• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#23 - Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #23 - Scratch
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan
Medal System activated

Theme: Ruby & Sapphire 2

Many years people have been speculating and some even desiring remakes for the Generation III games, Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

This week you must completely scratch an evolution for ANY and ONLY generation 3 Pokemon. Try to be smart with your choice, although you are given a variety of choices, I recommend not to create evolutions for a three-line Pokemon. ex. Mudkip -> Marshtomp -> Swampert -> X

Legendaries are allowed, but again, be smart. Remember that these are evolutions and NOT alternate formes. You can also create an evolution by having a specific type of Pokemon hold an item or a move, for example:

280.png
->
281.png
l30.png
282.png

280.png
->
281.png
maledawnstone.png
475.png

Omits:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• No Pokemon from Generation: 1, 2, 4 and 5.
Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work.
  • You are allowed to post WIPs (Work in Progress) but please specify which image is your final.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96
  • Palette Requirements: 24 colours max.
  • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
  • Animation: None
  • Other: N/A
Good luck. If you have any questions & concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
This was tough to pick one, but I decided to go with Mawile.

Mawile evolves to Medusaws with Dusk Stone
303.png
stoneai.png
mawild.png

Can't wait to see what everyone else is doing; I love generation 3!

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Yeah, I had trouble deciding on a Pokemon too. xD I decided to do Castform though. :)

Spr_5b_351.png
shinystone.png
ixbkef.png

I call it Forekast (a corruption of forecast) to tie in with Castform's name. :)

Last edited:

loucas

100% hot
Years
i've done spriting my entry, it's an idea i thought a long time ago, and this is the chance to do it :)
273.png

274.png

it's c alled Whillow and it evolves from a female Nuzleaf with the use of Dusk Stone (Ghost/Grass)

it's my first fakemon, and my first time to sprite a creature.

the second picture is the final entry, to reflect it's ghost typing.

Last edited:
Years
Even though I'm a beginner, why not?

This pokemon is Diviswine. It evolves from spoink when leveled up at night, while holding the item Mystic Crystal. Psychic type.

I've even got some poxedex entries (as the sprung into my head while making this)

Ruby - This pokemon is constantly looking into the crystal balls on its hands. It is said that on one hand it can see the past, and on the other it can see the future.

Sapphire - On each of a Diviswine's ear is one half of a crystal. To amplify its psychic power, it wraps its ears around its head, until the two halves touch.

Emerald - Diviswines tend to get very fat, because they spend all their time staring into the future or the past. Because of this, this pokemon uses its psychic powers to collect food and move itself, instead of using its arms, leg, and spring.

This was very fun to do! I may tweak it a bit more, though.

Also, criticism please! :D

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Spr_5b_433.png
Spr_5b_358.png
2i8ao9j.png

Talk about your last-minute entries! My original idea was an evolution of Sharpedo, but I just didn't have the time for a large sprite like that. I instead settled for an evolution of Chimecho. I first thought of an iron bell, to mirror the Shinto prayer bell that Chingling is based on, but Bronzong already fills that roll. I decided to go for a pellet drum design... I wonder, would its signature move be slapping itself in the face?

Years

And the winners are...

1zwbwjb.jpg

1st Place - loucas
attachment.php

3brbo.jpg

2nd Place - GolurkIsDaBomb
attachment.php

2vcjdhw.jpg

3rd Place - Chesu
2i8ao9j.png

Honourable Mention(s)