• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE JULY PIXEL ART CONTEST - Entry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Please sticky this, and unstick last month's contest.

Allstories & Vaati-san PRESENT:

THE JULY PIXEL ART CONTEST!​

(woo!)

Yes, it's that time, ladies and gentlemen. It's time for this month's Pixel Art Contest. This month is a little different, however.

This month, instead of letting people make garbage pixel art all willy-nilly, all entries will be required to adhere to a single 7-color palette. No more, no less, and you have to use the following palette:

palettetemplate1.gif

Obviously, you don't have to use that particular size for your entry, but you must use those colors.

EDIT: NO YOU CAN'T EVEN USE WHITE. YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO USE THE SPECIFIED COLORS.

TIP: If you're concerned, you can save the above image, keeping it in GIF format, and edit it in Paint. That way, you'll only be able to use the colors available.

RULES:

• Your entry must be scratch-only. No recolors, no use of existing sprites, NO SPRITE THEFT.
    • No JPG artifacts. Your entry must be PNG or GIF. Or, if your absolutely cannot save it as one of those formats, you can use BMP.
    • No old work. This has to be new stuff. Although with the restricted palette that sort of goes without saying.
    • One entry per person.
    • Only entries may go in this thread. Discussion is reserved for the Discussion thread.
    This month's theme is, well...

FREESTYLE

Since this is the first time anyone has done a contest like this, we're not gonna add any extra parameters. Have fun, kids!

Last edited:

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I decided to do one only because I love this theme! I know I won't even get in the second to worst place xD But I still wanted to do it!

july06contest6es.png

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    mazilwolfsentryforjulypixelconte-1.png

My entry. enjoy~
    first time in one a these things.... >.< lol
    i changed it a little.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • Okay, here's mine. I figured that with a theme like this, it would be interesting to try to convey colorfulness like in a sunset through only those seven colors.

I might be tweaking the image, so don't like save it right after you see it or something.

julycontestentry.png

My hands officially hurt after doing all that dithering. x.x

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    hell heres mine
    entry2bf.png

my first contest entry

Status
    Not open for further replies.