• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon World Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Created using RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials

Introduction
    Hey guys I'm here to bring you my Pokemon fan game created over the course of my schooling career. I originally started this project as a meme for friends to play against themselves. But after developing the game for sometime I began to enjoy it and I ended up creating a ridiculous story that doesn't really make any sense. Since I put a good amount of work into I feel like why not put it up for other people to experience if they feel like it.

The plot and back-story of the game
    A couple years have past since Gym systems were a thing. Champions of a Region are no longer a thing. The Champion of the world is what everyone aspires to be. Fight your way through the tournament to claim the top spot. Unless, something goes amiss...

A list of features
    The game features a story-driven system that doesn't rely on "Gym Badges". You can challenge the tough trainers in the game and if you lose to some of them its actually game over. You will return to the title screen and lose progress that was not saved.

Progress report
    The game is complete. I have play-tested it to some degree but it may contain bugs. I solo-developed the game with the help of graphics from outside resources with around 200 hours of development.

Screenshots/videos of game-play
    ci9ZWdR.png

tt2Q4M8.png

hUOrvyq.png

A complete list of credits

Elite Battle System
    by Luka S.J.
    PinkCatDragon<s>BadSamaritan
    Tebited15<s>redblueyellow
    Eli<s>Pokecheck.org

Ultimate Title Screens
    by Luka S.J.
    Mario Gamer<s>YoshiCLONE

FancyBadges
    by Luka S.J.

The Trade Expert
    by Luka S.J.

Easy Mouse
    by Luka S.J.

Smart Downloader
    Luka S.J.<s>Berka

Pokemon Following Script
    Script Version: 1.4
    Credits required: Help-14, zingzags, Rayd12smitty, Venom12, mej71

Artwork
    All artwork belongs to the Pokemon Company

The team that worked on Pokemon Insurgence.
    Some characters were used from this as well as tile sheets.

I want to clarify I do now own any of the artwork nor do I take credit for any of it.
    I simply used them in my game since my artwork is trash and I enjoyed the
    work done by the Insurgence Team!

Check them out!

Music Credits

GlitchxCity
    Fate Grand Order OST
    Hyper Potions
    Shofu
    VanilluxePavilion
    Mewmore
    Flow!!
    Shokugeki No Souma OST
    Haikyuu Ost
    Hatsune Miku
    Matt Houston
    twitchez2k
    Warinside
    MPheeniksM
    ZameJack
    Bliitzit
    KKCody
    Kamex
    DanDaManProductions
    PokeRemixStudio
    Luigigigas
    Pokeli
    Alexander Zhelanov
    rezoner
    Spring
    Hansult Ultimate
    Enrico Deiana
    cynicmusic
    HorrorPen
    bart
    Joseph Gilbert / Kistol
    jobromedia
    EternalSushi
    Naruto OST

If I forgot to credit anyone please let me know.
    If you'd like your music taken off from the game
    please also contact me!

"Pok?mon Essentials" was created by:
    Flameguru
    Poccil (Peter O.)
    Maruno

Download
    Since I haven't really posted on here and only lurked I'm not allowed to post anything as a link in here.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QjZvlq2iPCyoR9B_IBO5gkcSdtT5Yo-n
    The game is at the url above.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    I am loving this game. I can find some problems but as you said that you were the only person who worked on this project then the game is bound to have few problems. You have really worked hard and I appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2023
    I will download this today and try it. I sounds interesting. For a second when I read title screen if you lose, I thought you would have to start a new game. Then I read the rest. I save often. That won't be to much of a problem for me.

probablyhylian

illusion is mine
    Years
  • Loving this one. Kudos to tackling this project by yourself!

Edit: Boy Jones never fails to crack me up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    i Really love this game and all the crazy things that happens,musics and all stuff.
    i Just create my account to say that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2019
    Hi !

I love your game so far, even though a certain event with my pokemon really shocked me ! :disbelief:

However i'm stuck in a bug right now as you can see, any way to get out of it ? I can't move at all.

Thank you !

Capture.PNG

probablyhylian

illusion is mine
    Years
  • I'm currently at Kotomine Harbor. I triggered the Rival battle and lost, however, when I go back he is stuck in the doorway blocking my way. There doesn't seem to be any other way to progress the story at this point. Any fix for this?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    sneasle's Feint Attack feels broken somehow, it doesnt do nearly the amount of damage it should as a base 60 physical dark type move.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    There is a game breaking bug in Red's Path that prevents the story from progressing, the same bug that marvelOM encountered.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2022
    i dont know... i think that i already did all that this game is possible.I am stuck too in red patch,but maybe that can be the end game =/.We need to wait now...

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2018
    Is there an option to get Ditto via test and when yes which answers do i need to give?

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2019
    I'm just starting it, I like the diverse and different amount of starters I really do, I just don't like the wassup nibba. Other than that, its alright.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2023
    I am stuck in the same spot as the others I do not understand why. Especially when this is marked as complete so we should be able to continue forward. Information would be nice since it doesn't seem like they got answers either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back