• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is Your Opinion?

Kesey

Ace Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    What is your Opinion on AR and the whole cheating the game?

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I don't do it but I find it okay to do just for fun and everything and get some cool things, but to use it to do things like beat the game, or competitive battling I think it's just wrong and sucks the fun out of the game.

Kesey

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    I see it has cheating if they want to battle you and then they throw out a legend with Wonder Gaurd. The only reasons I have one is cause some Pokemon I like there shiny versions than there original.

Kesey

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    See I just did it the easy and legal way I got all Pokemon legally on Diamond so I just spent hours on end transferring them from Diamond to Platinum

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't mind it, and I use it plenty...but most of the time it's only to catch Pokemon that can't be caught unless you have one of the GBA games. I wouldn't use something it helped me achieve or get in any type of competition though, that's just cheap.

Years
  • I would say using it to get something that already exists is fine, like an event pokemon, shinies, or some good IVs. I don't support hacking stuff like Wondertomb or 6 perfect IVs, though.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • Cheating isn't good. It takes away the sole purpose of the game, to try hard and get things yourself.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't really like it because I like to play the game fairly. ^^;

Kesey

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    I have one, but it won't work on my diamond for some reason.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • I only did it 'cause I was playing with GBA emulator and I wanted to have a legendary in my team at least for once, but I like to have the pokemon in the 'legal' way...

Vail

wah
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2014
    It's lame. Pokemon is a fun enough game without things being handed to you on command...and honestly, if you're using it just to get perfect statted Pokemon, you care too much.

Peanutz

So i herd you leik peanutz?
    Years
  • I don't tend to mind others cheating, unless they use it for cheating themselves through the meta game, such as maxing out stats, etc.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Honestly, I don't like the idea of AR or cheating the game. Basically because I hate to see the game's purpose and fun be exploited by a simple device that goes around the block to find an easier route. I don't use it, and I won't use it. Though, it is other people who choose to, and honestly I have no control over the, for doing it.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • I believe it's okay as long as you don't alter any Pokemon in the process. I use Action Replay only for "walking through walls", getting certain items, etc.
    If one does alter Pokemon, they should not trade it or use it in battle.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    My only AR sin was to get 999 of all the berries and then came some glitch items on my Pearl and I was like "wtf" and it died X_X.

So... No. I don't use it. I think it simply kills the game. But for some reason my brother completely rapes it towards the point that cheating is part of the game.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • I only use cheating devices if there is a ridiculously difficult game mechanic that needs some adjustment or event Pokemon I didn't have the opportunity to get at the actual event.

Ex. Making Feebas a bit more common in RSE. Does it really have to be THAT rare?

Ex. Getting a level 30 Celebi with no other enhancements.

LugiaFreak

Years
  • I hate cheating on the Pokemon games. It takes all the fun out of them.

And as for getting legendaries, that's not cool either. So, someone has a Mew, but no one will care about it because they know it's hacked anyway.

Cheating sucks. The only time I ever used an AR was when I used 'Walk Through Anything' on my friend's DS, just to see what it was like.

It wasn't that great either. T^T

Back