• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen (CONTAINS SPOILERS) I have some Questions? What did I just play?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2019
    **SPOILERS BELOW FOR SUN/MOON & ULTRA SUN/MOON!!** (Ive only played both moon ones though)

-------

I just finished ultra moon, sorry just felt like I got swept up in a lot of the dialogue but, what was guzmas deal again? So he was mad about making it as a kahuna and made a rebel group to steal pokemon because...?

Also, so ultra moon and moon have different storylines right? So their like AUs? Are they both cannon? Is guzma still training under hala in ultra moon like he was in moon? Can you rematch guzma like you could in moon on the beach? You can battle him after the elite four I noticed unlike moon, is that the 'rematch' for ultra moon?

And, in the credits of ultra moon where characters were assumingly talking and bobbing their heads up and down a lot, did team skull basically disband and become 'good' like what the two ex skull grunts said in front of halas house in moon? Was guzma basically saying goodbye to them? Is that why his back was turned around from them like that? Is plumeria the new leader of this new good team skull? Why was she smirking at the end like that?

--

Also two other questions only one sort of related to guzma:

In pokemon ultra moon, is any of the dialogue characters say when scouting them in the battle tree different from moon? Like plumerias and guzmas for instance? Also, its not that important but, whats up with gladions hair? Are those dreads or something? They look more like fries lol

Theres a special cutscene with mohn and lusamine you can get after battling gladion for defending your title in ultra moon, is mohn lying when he said its his first visit to aether? I SWEAR he is. Is he actually gladions dad? Did he fake his own death?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I just finished ultra moon, sorry just felt like I got swept up in a lot of the dialogue but, what was guzmas deal again? So he was mad about making it as a kahuna and made a rebel group to steal pokemon because...?

It's believed he failed the island challenge and thus wanted to form Team Skull to share his sympathies with other people who also failed the island challenge. It's pretty evident in his house with the trophies and that - they're probably from when he was doing the island challenge. The bronze is probably because he was second fiddle.
    Also, so ultra moon and moon have different storylines right? So their like AUs? Are they both cannon? Is guzma still training under hala in ultra moon like he was in moon? Can you rematch guzma like you could in moon on the beach? You can battle him after the elite four I noticed unlike moon, is that the 'rematch' for ultra moon?

SM and USUM are alternate retellings of the same story like with any third game. And no, Guzma isn't able to be rematched on the beach. However, you do get to join up with him in a Multi Battle during Rainbow Rocket, and he's a title defense challenger when you do E4 rematches. He uses a similar team to the beach battle.
    And, in the credits of ultra moon where characters were assumingly talking and bobbing their heads up and down a lot, did team skull basically disband and become 'good' like what the two ex skull grunts said in front of halas house in moon? Was guzma basically saying goodbye to them? Is that why his back was turned around from them like that? Is plumeria the new leader of this new good team skull? Why was she smirking at the end like that?
    I'm not really sure myself. But Team Skull did disband and aren't causing any trouble anymore, as evidenced by the fact that some of the grunts crossed out the skulls on their uniforms.
    Also two other questions only one sort of related to guzma:

In pokemon ultra moon, is any of the dialogue characters say when scouting them in the battle tree different from moon? Like plumerias and guzmas for instance? Also, its not that important but, whats up with gladions hair? Are those dreads or something? They look more like fries lol
    Lol, I'm not sure.
    Theres a special cutscene with mohn and lusamine you can get after battling gladion for defending your title in ultra moon, is mohn lying when he said its his first visit to aether? I SWEAR he is. Is he actually gladions dad? Did he fake his own death?
    He's not lying, he's amnesiac. Remember that he lost his memory before the events of the game due to a wormhole incident when researching Ultra Beasts, and somehow ended up in Poke Pelago for some reason. To him, he doesn't remember going to Aether before and probably doesn't realise that Lusamine still recognises him.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2019
    Thanks, I might make a new thread for this last question but, was guzma abused in his household? I read somewhere saying in the japanese version guzmas father described beating him black and blue, or I think maybe it was him describing guzma beating him black and blue instead? What do the broken golf clubs in the corner mean?

Back