• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

|Puberty Worries Thread|

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Am I the only one that didn't mind it? Just meant shaving and using more soap. Besides, without puberty I wouldn't have my soul patch! I don't normally keep any facial hair but in the last 2 months I've been trying it on and I love my patch! I'll keep it for another month or two.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Being female, I hate puberty, because every month I am reminded of how much it physically hurts to have an organ designed to make and hold babies, and how I'll have to live with such monthly pain until I turn 45-50, in which I will slowly begin to WITHER AND DIE. What a future o.<

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Being female, I hate puberty, because every month I am reminded of how much it physically hurts to have an organ designed to make and hold babies, and how I'll have to live with such monthly pain until I turn 45-50, in which I will slowly begin to WITHER AND DIE. What a future o.<

I actually couldn't have put it better myself. Though mine are alright to be honest. Ibupfrofen Muscle Gel is a lifesaver.

Though I have worse mood swings than physical problems. I have very fine hair so that's not a problem, and I've grown to a comfortable height of 5'6" [my legs really hurt sometimes so I wonder if I'm still growing]
I quite like my body seeing as I'm mostly naturaly thin.
But my moodswings are actually appalling. Sometimes I';m full of happiness, the next I'm screaming at everything and everyone and the next I'm crying for no reason D:

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
Years
  • Age 27
  • NYC
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Corvidae speaks the truth. My monthly.. yeah isn't that bad though. Just really annoying.

I'm in the beginning of the middle of puberty. xD I'd have to hope I'm not done growing{I'm 5'6", which isn't that bad. But I'd like to be a bit taller.} My body's alright, I'm "skinny" kind of. I've got a pretty flat chest, compared to my friends but that's alright.

Lana.

*spin*
Years
Let's seeeee.

My 'time of the month' isn't really every month yet. My hormones are trying to make up their minds, it seems. I've had one huge growth spurt (went from 5 ft in seventh grade to 5'4 or so in eighth grade - then it slowed down so i was about 5'6 in ninth). Acne used to be not-so-great, but it's more under control now.

My voice, though, has always been deep for a girl - even before puberty. I don't hear my voice the same way everyone else does, but if you were to record my voice and listen, you'd might make the mistake of calling me a boy. And, no, I'm not kidding, unfortunately. But I deal, especially since to my ears, my voice sounds fine.

My only true worry is that I won't grow anymore. I'd like to reach 5'8 or 5'9 - I like to think it's possible, considering my dad's 6 ft and my mom's just a little taller than I am. Other than that, I'm just fine. ^^

Years
~Acne on that part of the back that. You. Just. Can't. Reach.

~bum crack and armpit hairs

~facial shaving supplies: electric or disposable?

I had a beard going through tenth grade onward. Got me attention I didn't ask for from girls. Almost as though beard = booze without the ID. I was more concerned over being 18 than going through puberty as it's easier to tell that so-and-so is older.

There is also male (skull) baldness in my family history. My (skull) hairline is already receding.

rockshock28

Salamence Fan Club President.
Years
I'm not even halfway through it, haha. I'm around 5'3, but am starting a growth spurt. Starting to get hairy, have acne (Thank you acne cream,) and have occasional mood swings. Not that bad yet, though.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I have started last year. It confused me at first because I didn't know how to shower when it was that time, but now it is not so scary.

jmadude

Keybledar43
Years
Ahh puberty, I always loved those "Wha- where that hair come from O_o" moments. I'm getting out of puberty right now, puberty wasn't that bad sure I got taller and went through that 'I hate my parents phase' but that time just flew by (sucks to shave though). :/

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Hate it with a flaming passion, especially said time of the month which can rot in hell. :|

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
Well, aside from "that time of the month" which I'm having to endure right now, (o.O) puberty isn't all that bad for me. I don't get zits often; mostly because my hair is away from my face. x)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Screw puberty; that stuff was horrible. Thank goodness I'm on the latter end of it. Too bad that doesn't mean I'll stop being attracted to women; I hate having a "switch" in my brain that makes me a mindless idiot around someone even mildly attractive.

Oh yes, that sucked hard.

I'm in the latter stages of puberty so my mood and hormones are starting to regulate themselves a little more, so I'm alright. :P

I'm also not the most harry guy in existence, yet given two or so weeks I could grow a half-decent neck-beard. :/

Back