• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeloa

booklover88
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
really cool game idea.
I can't wait to see some more progress.

MK

i hate playing demo hacks
Years
  • CA
  • Seen Sep 18, 2010
It looks like a very "different kind of hack"
now when i say "different i mean Good
good luck to you! I like it alot

Mitchman

Banned
Years
You mentioned you wanted to take the Pokedex out. Wouldn't it be good to have it? I mean wouldn't you have it as a recording for all the Pokemon you took a picture of?

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
This seems like a really good hack counterfeit and Im just wondering if any progress has been made on "safari"
Because it seems this thread has been untouched for a while and hoty is coming up
So Im just asking really if any progress has been made?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
At the moment I'm working on the scripts for one of the mini-quests, however with no appropriate tiles any previews wouldn't really do it justice.

If you don't mind seeing it as bare-bones as it is at the moment then I might be able to get a video up by the end up today.

This is pretty much how it's going to be for the longest time though, seeing as I haven't been offered any graphical help and won't be making any myself till I've got the scripting done.

Also, Mitchman:
It'd be a ncie idea, but unfortunately the Pokedex enters the Pokemon even if you've only seen them;

Kind of annoying actually because the way the hack will turn out there will be no way of seeing whether you've took a photos of every Pokemon. :/

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
I may have or may have not posted in this thread before, but anyway, I love this idea. It seems incredibly hard to script and everything. So I wish you the best of luck.

I'll love it when the "battle" screens look like this.
battlesystemmock.png

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
This is pretty much how it's going to be for the longest time though, seeing as I haven't been offered any graphical help and won't be making any myself till I've got the scripting done.

I think I could help out even though I have a tight schedule of spriting I think I could help you with safari.
Im pretty well with pixel art and the pokemon style.
Examples:
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

I dont usualy offer to help sprite for many hacks either~

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Those look brilliant, that'd be fantastic if you could. :o

PM me when you're not busy so I can give you some details of what you can do. :]

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
Hello I'm Lopnis and I had an idea for a story line it starts out explaining that how you decided to be a photographer and how you still live with your parents and that your dad has been supporting you and your mom but one day Dad get's injured on the job and can't work so the bills start piling up and all hope seems lost until someone calls offering you a job in the Mahronge district taking photos for them so you use the last of your money to buy a ticket to Mahronge in hopes of pulling the family out of debt and becoming a great photographer so you get Mahronge and start taking pictures for Gaby and Ty but one day while your taking pictures you see two guys trying to snatch up a some slightly rare pokemon and you take a picture of them doing it and you start getting curious about them so you start investagating and that would add a new element to the game investagating these shady people who are poaching pokemon in the wild so the game would be about taking pictures for rewards and investigating and taking pictures of this evil team trying to poach pokemon.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
that hack is plain awesome. something out of the ordinary.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
This has probably been already suggested, but why don't you turn the pokedex into a photo log or something, idk like the poke Report in snap XD

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
Years
Great hack!
hey!
what if you could seel your pics to ..... magasines or newspaper places and make money deppending on the rarity of the pokemon?
and what about a photo contest?
and you could have a rival who uses photoshop to fake! :D

you know, when you want to do something else besides the storyline

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
since he got booted out i do not think the hack will be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back