• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Devkitpro on Linux

hackerofdarkness

I have return
Years
  • Hi everyone! I recently switched over to Ubunutu 18.04 and I'm having issues installing devkitpro through their precompiled binaries. I've visited the wiki and used the sudo command both as a regular user and as the root, and it installs the libs and another folder, but nothing in relation to devkitpro pops up after the installation.

Thank you for your help!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    What do you mean "nothing pops up"? Typically the way I'd expect this to work is that you add the bin directory to your PATH environment variable and then you'll be able to run arm-eabi-none-gcc (etc) from your terminal (or more commonly via a Makefile).

This is probably covered in the instructions. But if not try editing your shell's rc file (probably .bashrc in your home directory unless you're using another shell) to add a line that looks like:
    Code:
    export PATH="/path/to/devkitPro/.../bin:$PATH"
    Where /path/to/devkitPro/.../bin is the absolute path to the bin directory that contains arm-eabi-none-* executables.

Last edited:

hackerofdarkness

I have return
    Years
  • What do you mean "nothing pops up"? Typically the way I'd expect this to work is that you add the bin directory to your PATH environment variable and then you'll be able to run arm-eabi-none-gcc (etc) from your terminal (or more commonly via a Makefile).

This is probably covered in the instructions. But if not try editing your shell's rc file (probably .bashrc in your home directory unless you're using another shell) to add a line that looks like:
    Code:
    export PATH="/path/to/devkitPro/.../bin:$PATH"
    Where /path/to/devkitPro/.../bin is the absolute path to the bin directory that contains arm-eabi-none-* executables.

First of all, thank you for your reply. I added the path variable to my shell rc file, and managed to find the directory. However, I'm still getting a syntax error when trying to use "sudo (dkp-)pacman -S gba-dev", and the error being on dkp-. I was able to find the pacman manager for devkitpro, but it seems that the terminal thinks it doesn't exist.

Thank you. :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Ah sorry, I was under the impression that you'd successfully installed things, but I guess that's not the case if you're still trying to get the package manager working.

Out of interest what path did you add? If it really contains arm-eabi-none-gcc (and friends) then you might just be able to stop worrying about pacman. But I'm guessing that you might want to undo that change and try what I'm suggesting below first.

At any rate, I guess that error is because you want either dkp-pacman or pacman (not sure which, but I guess only one will work). The parens are special syntax in your shell which is why you're getting an error (and why I'm guessing that it's just a poorly-worded set of instructions).

Last edited:
    Back