• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anime Discussion # 401: Like a Meowth to Flame

Years
Here is where you can discuss the beginning of the Hoenn arc finale and the start of the Hoenn League championships in "Like a Meowth to Flame".

My review to come forthwith.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
I liked Tyson in this one. His Metagross was really awesome at the end when it was saving the flame and all. Also how his Meowth was better then ol team rockets.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
Years
DreamBandit298 said:
I liked Tyson in this one. His Metagross was really awesome at the end when it was saving the flame and all. Also how his Meowth was better then ol team rockets.
If this is the preliminary/qualifying round of the PL, what's was Yuriko's dub name? (She had a Persian)

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
Finally we are in Ever Grade City!! Sites to see and battles to fight. We are into the Hoenn League Championships. The longest Pokemon Championships in the anime.

Well. They did change the ramen thing to noodles. No big deal. It still meant that they were going to get some food. Ramen, Chicken Noodle, Noodles. All the same. The fuel of Champions.

Forest or city. They just find a way to get lost. This just seems to amaze me becasue they usally never get lost in a city.

Murkrow attack. You think this be easy picking after all the battles Pikachu had done. One Tunderbolt to knock them out. Instade it takes a Fury Swipes from Meow in Boots and Tyson. You can tell this guy is a very good trainer right?

The Torch!! Tyson being a torch runner. We see Mr. Goodshow. My mistake. Professor Goodshow. I like the idea of tieing in things from the seasons before. He remember Brook and Ash from Jhoto and Kanto. They even metion that Brock and Ash were torch runners themselves. I like when they tie the show with old things expectly from Kanto.

This is a new one for Team Rocket. They went so far as in disguising themselves as Joy and Jenny for stealing the Moltres's flame. I mean Jessie actually sounded like a Jenny.

This is when it get good. The battle. This time they didn't went after Pikachu but Pikachu was kinda defeated by them. Smart play.

Meowth in Boots. Meowth's Rival. Just like himself but good. Very good. It was as shame that they didn't get more talk time.

Does it matter that Tyson has the same name as some guy from Team Rocket back in Jhoto? Not like people would remember that. I didn't and I saw that episode too. Still it a small thing don't you think? No point on making a fuss over a small thing.

When did Mr. Goodshow became a Professor? He doesn't even look like one. Where the labcoat and stuff? Then how did Max knew that he was a professor? I thought that Mr/Professor Goodshow was master of ceromony for the Championships? Not some studier of pokemon.

Poor Glaile. Just background now. No real part to play in the show anymore. It was a shame. He grew on me as snorunt.

9/10- Great episode. We saw Ash's most powerful rival here. I like to see what else happens. A few mistakes and stuff but since this is the opening of the Championships then it fine. Almost as good as the Ralt's one as of Team Rocket.

We are up for some great battles and excellent pokemon. We finally into the Hoenn League Championships. In a month we be back in good old Kanto.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I loved that Mewoth so much better than the trash talking one. Its well trained maybe if it wasnt so stubborn then it could evolve into a Persian. Ash is going to have a hard time beating that Mewoth in the hoenn League.

~Dark Venusaur

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2009
...I enjoyed how Ash commented on Oak having CHARIZARD there. NO. He left CHarizard in the Charicific Valley. I can't believe that 4Kids made such a dumb mistake (well, yes I can, but whatever). I'm also surprised no one else noticed that...

Years
I didn't think Meowths had the ability to do electrical attacks. But then again, they've had a Zigzagoon and a Starme use electric attacks before.

Back