• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music of the Night-Andrew Lloyd Webber fanclub

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2021
    I've been on a Webber kick for quite some time, and it's not going away anytime soon. There's something about his musicals that are just so timeless and beautiful. My favorite of his works is most definitely The Phantom of the Opera, but I also enjoy his other works such as Starlight Express, Evita, CATS, and many more.

So, I decided to create a fan club for other phans of his work. Whether you're a phan of Phantom and/or Love Never Dies, Evita, Song and Dance, CATS or any other musical with music by ALW, this is the place for you.

How to join:
    Here's the format you should use to join.

Username:
    Favorite ALW musical:
    Favorite ALW piece:

After you type that, continue on with discussing the monthly topic.

This week's topic: How you discovered ALW.

Members:

Spoiler:

Rules:
    1. Follow all PC rules
    2. Discuss the topic thoroughly and intelligently.
    3. Keep the topic going
    4. Do not flame others for their favorite piece and/or musical
    -----------------------------------------------
    I suppose I'll start this week's discussion. The way I discovered the works of ALW is probably a bit different than how you discovered his works. I was in a small youth production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The music was so fun to sing and even more fun to listen to. However, it wasn't until I saw Phantom on Broadway did I truly fall in love with his work.

His melodies are so captivating. Each note is mystical bliss. Every note is masterfully crafted to invoke a certain emotion, and no track exemplifies it than "Til I Hear You Sing," from LND. Each note reflects The Phantom's anguish over not seeing his darling Christine for 10 long years. It truly shows the genius of Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Back