Future Authoress

Age 28
Female
St. Louis, Missouri
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted September 20th, 2019
52 posts
8.5 Years
I'm seriously starting to hate Ashley for what he's done in the past. This chapter has shown me a whole lot about who he is as a person - and the shift from competent-but-immature detective to ruthless monster (or is it the other way around? I can't tell with him anymore) really surprised me. In my eyes, he's proven that he is a manipulative liar who has little-to-no qualms about destroying the lives of people who have done nothing to him. People like that almost never change their stripes, and he's been this way for hundreds of years. If I were Liza, I wouldn't trust anything he says. Unfortunately, she can't walk away from him at this point. Pearl can't either, but I'll get to her in a moment.

I'm definitely going back to my Dialga theory; he mentioned having "a thousand lifetimes to ruin". It seems to correlate more with time than space and antimatter. I wonder why he's taking such an interest in Pearl, though; on the outside, she doesn't display any extraordinary qualities other than being a rich girl who likes to party too much. I don't know what he sees in her...unless my previous theory about her unknowingly housing the spirit of Palkia is right. Which I seriously doubt at this point. She's obviously in way over her head, and I have no faith in her abilities at the moment. Kester, of all people, has been more competent than she has been - but then again, it's a part of who she is as a character.

Oh, yeah, and I'm still wondering what the hell she's going to do with that cave Drapion that was given to her by Cyrus. She totally forgot about selling it to Iago, didn't she? I can see that decision - or lack thereof - really biting her in the arse.

Liza, on the other hand...I'm definitely thinking that Ashley killed her in her previous life as a normal girl in Darkling Town. She knows how deadly he is, and I can see her fear taking over her killer instincts. Giratina has to have played a role in this; as lord of antimatter, he likely has all power over ghosts and souls and the like. Liza, in every sense of the word, is a ghost. And since there have been hints about Cyrus wanting to obtain god-like power similar to Ashley's...well, I'm thinking that that's how Cyrus managed to bring her into the fold (yes, I think that the Desk Sitter is an extension of Giratina). He has complete and total leverage over Liza, and that is what makes her story - like you said earlier - extremely sad. She got tangled up in a mess that she never wanted to be in, trapped by two men who take advantage of people for their own gain. I absolutely feel sorry for her.

Iago does seem like the perfect traitor, but I'm going to let that play out as it will. In my opinion, it could go one way or the other.

As it is, I really don't know where you're taking this. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but with your track record, I'm most certainly inclined to trust your vision. I'll be keeping tabs whenever I can.

Sincerely,

Mem.
Quotes are nothing but words.