• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legend of Zelda: Downpour of the Heavens

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
  • logosmall.png

Made in RMXP using the Project Zelda Engine

Story
    Sometimes, Legends are just that... Legends.
    During a time in which Hyrule was in great peril; many prayed to the Gods asking them to save them from the evil uprising from Ganondorf, and some others wished for the Legendary Hero garbed in green to return and stop this evil. The Kingdom of Hyrule was buried by a torrential downpour, only the select few saved. The Hero from the Legends never showed. Or so it is told in the Legend.

During the time before Hyrule was succumb to its demise, courage was ripe within a young boy from the underground village of Underfoot . It was known that this young boy had no mother or father. As he became older it was realised that he had the burden of holding the Hero's mark on his hand... the mark of the Triforce of Courage. This was not revealed to the masses as many seeked this power after hearing the Legends of the Hero of Time. The boy was kept secret to everyone except the select villagers from Underfoot and also, the Royal Family of Hyrule.

The origin of this child is unknown; some say he is the child of the Gods himself. As the child known as Link, named after his ancestor got older he realised what he had to do. He felt a darkness coming, a long time before the people knew what was going to happen. With many visions Link was told of a great darkness that was going to sweep over Hyrule. He was told that Hyrule was going to be mostly wiped out, but some could be saved with his intervention.

The Gods told him that their power was getting weaker; they could no longer contain Ganondorf for much longer within the Sacred Seal. The power that they had left was not enough to save Hyrule from the impending darkness, but Link was told that with the collection of different Crystals of Light the Power of the Gods would be restored to such an extent where Hyrule could be sealed away when the Darkness struck. This is where our Legend begins, a Legend not written down, as many did not know of this story, but the Sheikah can still be heard whispering this Legend today. Many seem to disregard what that hero did for the Kingdom of Hyrule, but that's all it is... a Legend.

Screenshots*
    Spoiler:

Help
    We would like your help to make this project a reality, please PM me if you are interested in the following openings:
    Scripting
    Spriting
    Musician
    Idealist
    Beta Tester
    Mapper
    Graphic Designer
    Tilest

To apply, use the following format:
    Code:
    Name:
    Position Interested In:
    Example of Work:
    Credits
    PokemonPlatnum - Lead Designer
    Mastermind & Co. - Project Zelda Engine

C&C would be nice!

-PP

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • I like threads like this, they show potential.

The story is very good, you can just imagine it being told at the start of a Zelda game in the weird graphical style they sometimes use.
    The screenshot is ok, but it's a little too obvious that you doubled the size of the Link to the past tiles. Maybe just using the originals would be better? Anyway, something needs to be done.
    I really like the logo, it's in a style I haven't seen before and relly fits the rest of the thread.

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
    Years
  • Thanks for the support Peeky Chew :) at least someone has a reply :P
    And yeah, I need someone to help work on the graphics :D

-PP

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • WHAAAT?! No one's posted on this fantasic-looking game since March 6th? How could they!?

This game looks amazing, by the way. I've been a huge fan of the Legend of Zelda series for a long time. The Link to the Past style graphics hit a nostalgic chord for me; I love the game dearly. It looks amazing so far; keep up the good work! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back