• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Release] Pokemon Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Not to be racist but I know quite a few of my white buddies who would love to play this hack when its finished. Making new Pokemon isn't that hard. You can just mash two Pokemon together out make a few of your own Pokemon based on rock and create evolutions for them. Also you can use the team magma sprites and call them team Metallica or team Aqua for team anthrax or team rocket for well team rock :P plus if you want to use John from Metallica than you can make him the leader of team Metallica like how Giovanni is the leader of team rocket even though he's the eighth gym leader. Sorry for not making this more organized :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Not to be racist but I know quite a few of my white buddies who would love to play this hack when its finished. Making new Pokemon isn't that hard. You can just mash two Pokemon together out make a few of your own Pokemon based on rock and create evolutions for them. Also you can use the team magma sprites and call them team Metallica or team Aqua for team anthrax or team rocket for well team rock :P plus if you want to use John from Metallica than you can make him the leader of team Metallica like how Giovanni is the leader of team rocket even though he's the eighth gym leader. Sorry for not making this more organized :P
Okay, first of all, I am so sorry it took me so long to reply. I planned to include the update in this post, too (To avoid double posting), but the testing took longer than I thought xD

Anyway, thank you a lot for your reply and your ideas. Where were you when I just began making the game xD Now I have already 3 huge encounters with Team Rocket, and there's a story to why they've returned (This is happening 5 years after the Johto games, so 8 years after Giovanni disbanded TR. Now he's back), so I can't just edit any of the teams you suggested in. I'd have to change everything.

So, it's been a while since the last update. I've completed around 50 more maps, including one of the biggest cities in the game (Worksop City). The only things I didn't finish are the Game Corner (Don't have a tileset for it yet...) and the Safari Zone (The maps are done, the encounters are there, too, I just have to look up on how to create the Safari Zone event).

Oh, in case anyone is interested about the 3rd gym leader:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Okay, now, here's a major update! The overworld is almost finished! Now, I think there'll be around 400 maps in this game. The only maps that are missing are some routes, 3 cities, the Pokemon League (Which is located on an island far away from the coast), and 3 caves that I plan on making big (And some maps that I don't want to spoil - they're part of a big secret in the Arala region, which is one of the sidequests).

So yeah, I could really use some feedback on the maps (As I asked earlier xD). Do I have to add/remove/edit something? Or are they looking just fine?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I like the side-quests, they sound great and could become even better.
The one thing i have a problem with is the story...
While its not that bad that it is like a normal pokemon game, most fan-based games have more...meaning, or great story, its just a thought, but you might want to make some sort of original story >_>

*also, if you want help with randy, I could help you out >_>*

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thanks for your post, JB. There are even more sidequests which I won't reveal until later, since some of them are just ideas, and others I'm not sure if can be made with RMXP.

As for the main story, I believe that the main goal of every Pokemon game is to beat the Pokemon League. After the League, everything else becomes a sidequest. That's why I didn't write any main story.
There are 2 stories that can be considered to be part of a "main story", but both of them end after the Pokemon League, so I consider them sidequests. It sounds complicated, especially with my bad English, but I hope you understand xD These two stories are:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

See, both of these stories are developed as you play through the game - but they don't end before you beat the Pokemon League. You can finish them only after beating the League, so that's why I consider them sidequests.

Also, thank you a lot for your offer, but I think that Randy looks just fine for now. If you're still willing to help, I really need sprites for Angus Young and Lita Ford.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
OH! that sounds amazing, side quests are always awesome, and it makes sense in your game! I really like all of your side quests!
I think its kinda cool how its all there, but you aren't forcing them to complete them. I cant wait to see what happens! good luck!

and I wouldnt mind working on those two sprites >_> anything to procrastinate! :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thank you a lot, man! First for the sprites, and for your feedback. It really motivates me to work on my game harder and faster :) !

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I told my cousin about the idea of your game and he is adamant that the game should be you playing as "the metal" and the gym leaders are other music genres and you cannot be defeated. Regardless, I like your game an hope it turns out fantastic! and I'll get back to you either later tonight, or sometime tomorrow with the sprites!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
JB, I added your name to the credits. You really helped me a lot, it usually takes me a while to edit an existing sprite. Again, thank you for that!
As for your cousins idea, it could be made into another game, but for this one, I'm just trying to make a game based on rock & metal, by cramming a lot of references (Obvious and not-so-obvious ones) into the game, with awesome soundtrack playing while battling the gym leaders.

Epic references, epic references everywhere!
Well of course, how could I make a Metal-based game without referencing that xD

I was thinking of creating songs in the styles of all the musicians I'm referencing, and putting them as battle soundtracks. So far, I have several instrumentals in the style of Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Vivian Campbell (Original guitarist of Dio who played his most popular songs) & others, but my equipment is so bad that I can't record them just yet xD I'll probably get a new guitar in the near future, making it possible for me to do it... I was just wondering if you guys think this is a good idea or not?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
UPDATE!
- 270 maps.
- 5 gyms complete!
- Introduced a new sidequest!
- I need to create only 2 more routes and 2 more cities to complete the whole world!
- More screenshots (WARNING: Some maps were so big that I had to view them at 1/4th of their size, so I resized them a bit in Paint.NET, so they look blurry. It's not like that in-game!)
- Updated the old sprites of gym leaders, with a huge help of Secret Raven!
- Updated the "Characters" section (Check it out, it's got all of the completed gym leaders, and the new rival!)

Okay, so first of all, in the new screenshots I've uploaded pictures of 3 cities. This is so that you can see that there are all kinds of cities in this game (Special, classical or modern).
Second, I decided to reveal how most of the cities got names - some of them are obvious, some aren't.
Spoiler:

So, I added a new sidequest. A group of people called "The Stargazers". Many, many secrets are hidden within this one! More information... later :P

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Critique!

to say it first, I love the new update, it sounds like a demo is coming! :3
anyway. . .

workshop city: a few "open areas" will they have any something there? if not it looks empty >_>

route 8: above the 2 trees in the bottom left corner, right before the break between land and water, there is no land "edge"

renota city: the corner of the water on the land is white, it should be on the second layer, and be invisible

purlamp town: LOL I have a village just like that xDDD but mine is more primative, maybe they're distant cousins, all kidding aside, I feel the gym should ALSO be jungle like, if you want I'll make you a custom forest-gym tile :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Worksop City - Most of the green areas around the actual city won't be visible in-game. As for the city itself, I've intended to add a few more random houses or something else. I know the right part of the city is empty, but I haven't sat down to fix it yet xD

As for the water tiles, I've been placing them wrong in more than half maps xD Once I noticed, I started fixing them all - must've forgotten some. Thanks for the notices.

As for Purlamp Town, lol such a coincidence that we both have similar villages xD But in my case, Purlamp isn't really that primitive - there's still electricity in the houses, and I'd just prefer the gym like this.

Also, there's been a demo up for download for a long while now, but it's really outdated now. I'll update it tomorrow.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Worksop City - Most of the green areas around the actual city won't be visible in-game. As for the city itself, I've intended to add a few more random houses or something else. I know the right part of the city is empty, but I haven't sat down to fix it yet xD
I was referring to the inside of the city (more accurately the corners on the right side >_>)

As for the water tiles, I've been placing them wrong in more than half maps xD Once I noticed, I started fixing them all - must've forgotten some. Thanks for the notices.
No problem, I just wanted you to know, incase you overlooked it, its understandable as its so minor xDD

As for Purlamp Town, lol such a coincidence that we both have similar villages xD But in my case, Purlamp isn't really that primitive - there's still electricity in the houses, and I'd just prefer the gym like this.
lol, I never saw a tree house with wifi and tv xDDD sounds awesome, and no problem :P

Also, there's been a demo up for download for a long while now, but it's really outdated now. I'll update it tomorrow.
I'll have to look into this O.O

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Well, I know it seems nonsensical that there is electricity and technology in Purlamp, but that's because the town itself isn't primitive, but it is built to look like "one with the nature". Without electricity, the Pokemon Center wouldn't work.

Also, the demo is up-to-date with all 5 gym leaders in it. However, Route 16 doesn't have any trainers yet (Working on that), some trainers haven't been tested, so an unexpected error can show up.
If anyone is willing to test the game, let me know, so I can create an event that'll give you strong Pokemon on the beginning, so you can go through the game without any troubles.

Here's some new information about the new sidequest, "The Stargazers":
Spoiler:

So, what do you think? I don't think I was able to properly put the story into words, but I think this gives you a decent idea of what I'm talking about. I doubt anyone will really like it, but adding it won't make any huge difference to the gameplay, since almost no information will be revealed about this sidequest during the main game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I'm posting to inform you guys that I'll have to slow down the making of this game, mainly because a lack of sprites. Also, college is starting soon xD
Anyway, I've almost finished Paradise City (The only things left to finish in it are the power plant, daycare, and a random house). It's a big city, maybe even bigger than Worksop City (Screenshots below).

So, here's a list of sprites I need:
Spoiler:

Of course, I don't need all of them now, but I need some in order to continue making my game xD Since I'm working on them myself, and I'm terrible at drawing, it'll take a while until I finish them (This includes the overworld sprites, too) xD
At least I'll soon finish the 6th gym, and then I can post a decent update.

Paradise City:
Spoiler:

See the yellow building on the right? I've built all 5 floors + ground floor for it xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
This is looking like a good game :)
Thank you, that's really great to hear :)

So I've finally posted a new update. The 6th gym is done! The gym leader is based on Rob Halford, vocalist for Judas Priest. Rob trains Psychic Pokemon. I originally intended him to have more types, not just one. The reason behind this is to make his team "colorful", like a rainbow, because Rob Halford is gay... but I gave up on it, since it's tradition for gym leaders to train only one type of Pokemon. So I came up with a stupid reason to have him train Psychic Pokemon.

Anyway, here's a little spoiler about the power plant:
Spoiler:

So, the maps for the power plant didn't turn out exactly as I pictured them (They suck xD ), but it's not a big problem. The big problem are sprites for Tony and Rob (In-battle and overworld sprites). The ones I have were drawn by myself, and I'm the worst artist anyone knows xD If anyone reading this is willing to make them for me, I'd be really thankful xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Okay, so here's another update. Seven gyms are completed, the overworld is completed, the only maps I need to create now are another mountain, the island where the League is and the airport. I'll probably finish the eight gym tomorrow, and then create these maps. It shouldn't take too long.

I've updated the download link. Now the demo contains all 7 gyms.

So... the island where the Pokemon League is located... I want a maze before the League, like the Victory Road. However, I'm not sure if it should be a cave, or maybe some outside maze, like a forest, jungle, or something like that. What would you like to see? I need your ideas!

Also, I've decided to change one of the E4. I wanted the first member to be based on M. Shadows, the lead singer for the band Avenged Sevenfold (Whose real name is Matthew), but now I've changed my mind. I could base the first E4 member on any musician I want, but I'm not gonna do that - I want to base him on a musician you want! Create an E4 member, based on a rock/metal musician. If I like it, I'll put him in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back