• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Factory resetting Switch, Mew kept?

Years
  • Hello,

My dilema is, I have purchased a Nintendo switch, and the left joy con is defective. It dies within an hour. We have charged it until it is full, but dies within an hour each time.

As the joy con came with the switch, for me to exchange for a new joy con i need to exchange the switch in its entirety. So i need to factory reset the switch so its completely empty of my data.

As someone who has literally just got a switch and started playing, is there a way to save my mew in the pokemon lets go pikachu game? or am i gonna lose it when i factory reset?

Any help or suggestions would be extremely appreciated!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    yeah. as long as your game file for the game stays intact then you'll still have your mew on that game file.

( and tbf that mew costs 40$ in a pokeball so it's understandable you want to make sure you keep it hahah).

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • The save file containing the Mew would need to be transferred from the defective Switch to the new Switch. If this is done with the file intact then the progress and contents should remain intact with it.

Last edited:
    Back