• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Converting non-pokefans

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007
Ok, so I have this friend, the only one who knows I like pokemon, and she's also kinda interested in the cards...but nothing else. I'm thinking of forcing her to play a game. So, what are your experiences with getting people to like pokemon? Have you made any non-pokefans (not HATERS...just non-fans) into fans?

Edit: changed "convert" because it distracts from the question...

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
Don't try to "convert" her... just ask her if she'd like to play a game and if she refuses, too bad. Forcing people is not a good way to make them like something.

Psycho

♥~Catalina~♥
Years
"Convert" isn't the choice word to utilize, as it is better to have one change their perspective based off of their own experience. "Introduce" is what should be done, and "enucleate" is what should supervene.

To provide an answer to your inquisition, nay, I have not. If someone is interested and requests information, then I shall provide all the data I am able to accumulate and expound for their own interests; though, I don't recall ever convincing fandom.

Psycho

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007
Well, she hasn't refused at all and I think she would say yes...but I'm asking for any of your experiences with getting a friend to like pokemon. Of course I can't force her to like it, that's not possible. I didn't mean to sound mean, like I would tie her up until she played, sorry if I did...don't take it that way! =)

Thanks for your input, anyway.

Psyduck

Buy Pokemon Stuff on Ebay
Years
Stratgy

Basically you want to know what the best course of action is so that you can make her first pokemon moments as pleasureable as possible so that she will have the best chance in liking pokemon to her full potential.

You should not push the subject, but try too make the expirence as fun as possible. She will either fall head over heals for pokemon or not, but having a positive first expirence the first time, sets the pace in one direction or another. Depending on what she likes, make your best judgement. You said she likes the cards, so try to carry that into the game. Have her start the game and then after she raises the pokemon up a little bit, have a battle with her. You should have a pokemon at a simlilar level, and I would let her win. That alone, might be enough to give her that little spark that drives the pokemon love that's in us all.

Back