• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The 8th Pokemon Movie..... ?

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well...its been well over a year since 4Kids released Destiny Deoxys. But even so I haven't heard anything about Mew and the Wave-Guilding Hero being released in the USA. Did they just STOP releasing the movies, and cut it off after 7? Or are they just taking a really long break?

I hope they don't stop dubbing the movies... T-T

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Don't worry, as long as the Japanese animators make Pokemon movies, the US marketers will dub and distribute them. Just be patient, they'll release the 8th movie on DVD soon enough.

�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦�*♣♥♦

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
First, this goes in the Pokemon Anime forum. Second...4kids has more or less abandoned Pokemon so I believe it'll be up to Nintendo to release it here now, if I'm not mistaken.

Either, way, this is going to the anime forum.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Alright. Just kinda freaked me out that it wasn't out yet. o__o And Sorry that I posted it in the wrong forum. ^^;

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
The 8th movie's coming, 4Kids is still dubbing, it's just that Nintendo owns it now. And if Nintendo ever wanted to, they could just get new VAs. But either way, the 8th movie will probably come around summer.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah... I hope so. I was dissapointed that 4Kids lost control of Pokemon, but ah well.. just as Nintendo keeps it up until it ends, and doesn't deside to stop randomly... Not that they WOULD, since its so popular.... But you never know...

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
At first didn't they say though that it would be released in Feb. ? Maybe it was just me imagination agian. Either way though I'm glad that it is coming to the US

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 27, 2011
Uhm. This is kind of off topic but still on topic. XDD I thought I heard somewhere, coming with the news of 4kids losing rights to Pokemon, that there may be new VAs? Hmm. o-o

And I'm pretty sure the 8th movie is coming out soon enough. In an interview with Veronica Taylor, she herself had said they finished dubbing the voices. (I think only on her part, May and Ash's voice. Not sure.) I need this information to be confirmed. xB

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
o__o She said that? Yes....Theres hope!! I'm happy enough knowing that it'll be out. I just figured it wasn't going to be released. -.-;

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
If Nintendo wanted, they could get new VAs now. They won't though, they've been with 4Kids for so long that it would be pointless. Also, the 8th movie is coming, we've known about that for a while.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
grandadvanceshipper: Turn off your Caps Lock. Or quit yelling... it's kinda... unnecessary. >.> Anyway, why does your site say its title is "Mew and the Castle of Chaos!"? I thought the title was something different... uh... *shrug* ^^;;

I'm glad they're still dubbing it. Though, if they ever picked up new voice actors, I would seriously have trouble adjusting. I'm way too used to Ash and co. being voiced by certain people, and to hear others voice them would be... weird. We'll see. These sorts of things take time to sort out, I'm sure that eventually we'll know exactly what's going on.

Years
It's a good question as no one knows but then 4Kids has other issues as does Nintendo. I think it will be a summer release to tide people over as Kids WB is burning off the eighth season episodes pretty quick to get to the Battle Frontier that much sooner. They'll hit a dry patch sooner or later. Hopefully get it then. That's my theory.

I don't mind the waiting myself as I got other things to do.

lickitung

Back and better than ever!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 29, 2006
I heard that it was going to be released by June.

Back