• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tri-Tier Clash Tournament

Denzer

Why so serious?
Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Approved by Ursula

Rules
    1. No making double accounts with multiple games and pretending to be a different person. Anyone breaking this rule will be banned from forever joining this tournament.

2. You must have either Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, with WiFi capabilities to enter.

3. You must have a team of six Pokemon for OU, not including the following:
    Mewtwo, Mew, Wynaut, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-oh, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Sky Forme Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus
    Note: Latias is allowed, but not with the Soul Dew Item.

4. All basic clauses will be in effect. That's Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, Hax Item, and Species Clauses:

Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon of the same side should be asleep at the same time. Exceptions being Rest, and "no other choice" situations(ie. Effect Spore ability, or getting Encored on Hypnosis). Also of note is that while allowed in the singles, the use of Dark Void in a doubles match is not.

Evasion Clause: No use of moves that alter the ability to hit with attacks. This includes Flash, Double Team, & Sand-Attack. This does not include Acupressure and Metronome, which could randomly increase evasiveness.

OHKO Clause: No using Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure, or Sheer Cold. Destiny Bond and Perish Song are allowed, however.

Hax Item Clause: No using hold items that rely on luck. Hax Items include Lax Incense, King's Rock, Brightpowder, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, and Quick Claw.

Species Clause: No two Pokemon of the same species on the same team. This does not apply to those in the same evolutionary line(ie. you can't have two Alakazam, but you can have an Alakazam and a Kadabra).

5. Since all WiFi battles allow you to choose Pokemon levels, all battles should be held at level 50 or 100, to allow even-footing. Battles will also be Single, not Double.

6. Another set day, a DQ time as we like to call it, will be given, and I'd ask all results to be posted here before this time. The DQ time will be two weeks for each round, beginning and ending on a Saturday. Note that winning your battle while failing to notify me within the DQ time will still result in your DQ.

7. This before-mentioned process will repeat until we have one person left! This person will be declared the winner, and will have their name at the top of this post for all eternity! Also, they will receive prizes as listed below.

8. If you turn out to be a no-show, not only will you not be able to receive any benefits(ie. being the candidate for the free round), but you will have to participate in a preliminary match the next time you enter the tournament. This shall include no-shows from previous rounds, with the winners moving on to Round One. Note the fact that if someone who withdraws from the tournament will not be considered a no-show.

9. If you change your username or account, please notify me ASAP.

10. Please respect your fellow battlers. That means no flaming or spamming, or insulting your opponents. We are supposed to have fun here, so don't go ruining it for everyone else. Any member found practicing bad sportsmanship will be dealt with accordingly.

11. Now, the rules I must add, and that I hope will never have to be enforced:

If two people finish a battle with conflicting stories, BOTH will be disqualified. Furthermore, if later on the identity of the untruthful individual is found out, he or she will be banned from all future tournaments. This includes those who disconnect intentionally and lie about it.

Furthermore, if it is found out that a battler has been using hacked Pokemon, he or she will be banned from all future tournaments. This is in addition to any action the forum staff may take.

Credits to these rules goes to Alakazam17.

How does it work?

Simple. Every battler is placed up versus an opponent and they will have to battle in either OU, Ubers, or UU tier. Every match up you will most likely play a different tier so it is recommended you have a team for all 3 tiers. So I may face my first match a UU battle. Then someone else battles and Uber battle and another person UU like me, OU for others, and so on. Next everyone will most likely battle different tiers. And it goes on till the finals. In the finals it is a best 2 out of 3 battle with all 3 tiers.

To join, post your username and FC. Then I'll add you. If you would like to donate prizes, please post here or PM me and you will get a round bye pass. I am looking for 16 participants to start this.

Registered Battlers
    1. Denzer FC: 4425 0913 1296
    2. Kamui FC: 4254 1352 9465
    3. Greene1516 FC: 2707-9490-0844
    4. LilacLust FC: 4469 0860 5783

5. Valen FC: 0088 0278 0376
    6. stavross
    FC: 0818 3367 7839
    7. leingodf8 FC: 4253 9864 9144
    8. Death & Strawberry FC: 4511 1476 0289
    9. XDLugia FC: 4941 3711 3360
    10. rockbaby FC: 5413 8915 6258
    11. xMiZx FC: 4425-7430-6618
    12. Mukkamoto FC:
    13. crimsonstorm FC: 2063 6919 3894
    14. Piplup-Trainer FC: 4039 5282 9741
    15. DeathLucarioX FC: 2235-5342-1163
    16. parkwater FC: 0775 1520 5714

Round 1!
    xMiZx vs Death & Strawberry - Ubers
    Valen vs XDLugia - OU
    LilacLust vs Kamui - OU
    Piplup-Trainer vs Denzer - UU
    parkwater vs DeathLucarioX - UU
    leingodf8 vs crimsonstorm - UU
    stavross vs Greene1516 - OU
    rockbaby vs Mukkamoto - Ubers
    Deadline December 5th, 2009

Round 2!
    parkwater vs crimsonstorm- UU
    Mukkamoto vs Death & Strawberry- OU
    Kamui vs stavross- Ubers
    Valen vs Denzer- OU
    Deadline December 26th, 2009

Last edited:

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Added both~ Make sure to prepare Ubers, UU and OU teams!

Iyo

Είμαι μια ζωντανή παραδοξία
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 21, 2010
    I'll give it a shot. Probably lose first battle, but no harm in trying.

leingodf8

GLEE!!!
    Years
  • an OU team and a UU team are easy to make, but i dont have a single trained uber and i doubt that ill be able to make a team in time for the tournament as ive got plenty to train as it is.... So id like to join but id never make it in an uber battle

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    You could use OU is Ubers. You don't really need any Ubers. But they'd be nice to have.

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    yeh, the problem with my ubers is that they have absolutely rubbish IVs XD (but i could breed a good IVd gible :P)

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Well most people will have ubers with bad IV's since most ubers are events and as such there is no RNG or SR to it.

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    well thats just great. let me list all the people who i stand no chance against:
    Death & Strawberry
    Greene1516
    Denzer
    Kamui

id say i have about a... 0 chance of winning? :P

Back