• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

8bit/Gameboy-style tutorials?

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2012
    Hi guys. Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, as I'm new here.

Where are the tutorials for 8bit/gameboy-style sprites? I managed to make my own overworld sprite awhile back but remember having a lot of trouble with it:

HeroineSprites1.png
    HeroineSprites2.png
    HeroineSprites3.png

Are there any tutorials for doing these more efficiently, and gameboy-styled sprites in general? I couldn't find it in the sticky, except a tiny part about dithering...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    My only suggestion would be to look at official ones for reference, looking at them while making you'r own may have a huge impact on the end result.

Years
  • Sadly, I don't see many tutorials on the 8-bit style, the closest tutorial I know of is devamps of Pokemon from other websites such as deviantART. Like Nintendork said, best thing is to look at the official sprites as reference then continue to sprite and post it, then we can give you critique based on our knowledge of the 8-bit style.

You should sprite some more and post'em! Don't forget you need 4 examples of work to have a qualified sprite thread. Hope you stay around. :P

Back