• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The SemiSentennial Grand tournament

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
Years
The Semicentennial Grand tournament(Rated G)

RATED G

Premise: This is a battle Rp where you take the role as an experienced trainer with a tremendous wealth of experience. Once you have this mindset, you should picture all the times you yelled at ash for being stupid in his pokemon battles,but this time you are in control. This Rp allows you to create an real time anime like fight in the pokemon universe, your way. :D

Canon versus Non-canon: Most of the content will be canon for your own ease,but totally made up pokemon and attacks can be made. That said, I would be a hardass on the description since most of us aren't artists. Other than that, there are no real standards for the content of your writing. I never judge someone on creativity, since creativity is not an objective word.

Some important info about perfect pokemon: If you have ever read one of the stickies in the rp section, you might have come across a "How to improve" your character thread.From past experience, fighting rps have people making their characters perfect in any battle. With this rp, it would be nice if each user kept in mind that your pokemon isn't mister perfect, it will take damage eventually. Out of all of those, the most important is this point right here:
Personality

Also, a personality should never EVER be all about the good things. Just look at Timmy: he's all smart, cool, and calm and liked by the ladies with no real negative traits. Calm except when he's angry? I'm sorry, but that says nothing whatsoever. How many people are calm when they're angry? The more attentive amongst you will probably immediately recognize the disease here: Gary-Stuness, also known as Perfect Person Syndrome. It's the embodiment of the RPer's will to always have their character look good and make the right decisions (And, in many cases, be what the RPer him-/herself would like to be like) and I'm sorry to say that there's only word that can describe interacting with characters like this:

BORING

Adapting it to any rp fight, you should never have a pokemon with perfect reflexes or with an ungodly amount of stamina. Each pokemon should be able to show off it's training to make use of their skills as utilities; as opposed to being able to just stand there while a garchamp uses hyperbeam because you trianed your pokemon to be super tough or super fast.
To help with this, here is some things you should take into consideration. After reading most of these bullet points, you will notice that most are based off of prior knowledge and opinion.

-Size: This affects your pokemon substantially because a pikachu is obviously going to be faster than a Machoke, but as a consequence to this trait, pikachu won't be using brick break to overcome a machoke in sheer strength.

-Speed:All speed is guesstimated,but it is safe to say that a Pidgeot is faster than a Ninjask in a linear path,but a ninjask would have better acceleration with a confined area, like a battle stadium.

-Type: If you ever watched or played a pokemon game, you should know how devastating a lightning attack would be against a water type pokemon. In this rp, the pokemon with the superior attack will be judged on a individual basis.

Example:

Flamethrower beats Leafstorm,but it won't be frenzy plant; since frenzy plant is the most powerful old school plant type attack.

Execution helps: That said, now you have to take into account how an attack is executed. A hyper beam can be a linear beam of energy or a tornado like attack. A double battle can have two pokemon send a water pulse and flamethrower attack, or they can combine them into a more powerful combo.
Spoiler:

Here is an example of what I wrote up a few days ago. It's far from perfect,but it provides a simple example on how these rp fights will be carried out.

Spoiler:

Plot- A short and stout stout man ran appeared out of nowhere on every megatron via sattellite, in every city and active television set. From a first glance, one would notice his dark glasses and his unshaven face. Looking a bit lower, you might notice the muscles on his arms since he ripped the sleeves off. Looking lower, you might notice his strange choice of shorts and some dollar flip-flops. Despite his outward appearance, he had the most obnoxious voice. Despite all this, most people tuned into to hear Mr. Mc badass, "I, Mister Mc. badass would like to challenge you panzies to the Semicentennial Grand tournament'! He would continue in the same manner with a brief description of what it was all about, " Come and participate in the once in a lifetime event to prove your prowess as a trainer and claim the most sought out title, Pokemon master. There are no requirements except prior competition in any pokemon league in the last 50 years. So, if you think you have what it takes, then come to lake serenity, where you will begin your trek to Mount Hyjal!"

Name:
Character's look:
History:
Pokemon & their attacks:
Auxiliary pokemon and their moves(3 max):

OOC/sign up thread

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249834

Note
:I never judge someone on creativity, since creativity is not an objective word. I'll just be happy that others want to participate! :P

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I'm actually interested. Don't lock it just yet. :P I've actually had an idea about this before, but was too lazy to make up an actual plot. XD I'll get my SU up soon.

BTW, no double posting. :P

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
Years
Awesome possum, glad to see some people interested. Muhahaha

Sure, I'll make note of the reserved spots,but what's an ooc thread?

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
Years
I feel silly since I though the rp lounge was not moderated like this section, so I think the ooc thread will be denied.I was going to edit it after,but I didn't really check how others posted theirs. xD >.>

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
Years
Name: Brayden Norwood

Character's look: Brayden is a rather tall and thin young man, with medium-length lustrous navy blue hair and pale blue eyes. He dislikes any sort of formal wear, preferring to wear a plain gray t-shirt with a black and blue jacket over top. Blue jeans and athletic sneakers complete the ensemble (refer to my avatar). As for personality, Brayden is a pretty laidback individual, not taking life too seriously. He values his friends and allies, helping them in any way he possibly can. This can sometimes be a problem, however. His chill persona often makes it difficult for him to understand crisis's outside of the battlefield.

History: Ever since his childhood, Pokémon have played a large role in Brayden's life. His father was once a world-renowned Trainer, having challenged the Champion at the pinnacle of his career. He narrowly lost, however, and decided to subsequently retire, as Brayden was about to be born at that time. The stories of his father's travels were frequent bedtime stories during Brayden's toddler/early childhood years. Hearing such stories piqued the young boy's interest in becoming like his father.

When Brayden was about six, his father showed him his most prized Pokémon, which had faithfully served him throughout his travels. The Pokémon was a friendly yet powerful Ninetales. Brayden's father then told him to stay strong, no matter how gruesome or troublesome the circumstance. These words would forever be etched into the young boy's mind.

On Brayden's tenth birthday, he awoke to find a Poke Ball sitting on his nightstand. Inside that Poke Ball would be his very first Pokémon, Vulpix, which was the first evolution to his father's Ninetales. Attached to it was note that said but two words – "Happy Birthday!"

Ablaze with excitement, he ran downstairs to thank his parents, who told him that the time had come for him to begin his journey as a Pokémon Trainer. After a somewhat tearful goodbye, he swore he would be like his father someday, and set out his journey.

Seven years later, Brayden's power as a Trainer is hard to match. He trains diligently, treating his Pokémon with the utmost respect. He has gained somewhat of a reputation over the past several years, triumphing over many of his opponents.

Pokémon & their attacks:

Ninetales
-Flamethrower
-Confuse Ray
-Extrasensory
-Safeguard

Claydol
-Psychic
-Earthquake
-Cosmic Power
-Stone Edge

Altaria
-Dragon Pulse
-Toxic
-Aerial Ace
-Dragon Dance

Floatzel
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Agility
-Brick Break

Zebstrika
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Light Screen
-Façade

Shiftry
-Energy Ball
-Extrasensory
-Nasty Plot
-X-Scissor

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
Years
Great character Nameless guy. The choices for pokemon are interesting, with a good mix of attacks. I look forward to seeing how you use your support moves. :)

Cooker

As free as my hair
Years
Name: Vincent Ford, 19
Character's look:Vinny's hair is so blond that it almost appears white. He keeps the top no more than two inches long and styles it messily while the sides are kept shorter and clean. Two royal sapphires glimmer under his thin but dark eyebrows, shaped narrowly and framed by long and delicate eyelashes. His nose is long and pointed and bears a small bump from a previous break in the bone. Thin lips sit above his pronounced chin. Vinny's skin is freshly tanned and contrasts his light hair; clearly he's been getting some sun. He stands a tad taller than average at 6 foot and has a toned and muscular body.
History: Vinny's parents both died when he was a baby and he was raised by his godparents, though his upbringing was still very normal. As a child he was very close to and protective of his younger "sister" [godsister?] Holly, probably because of his physical and violent nature. He matured early and, being a handsome fella, rose to popularity among his peers at school- the cocky, mean, rebellious type of popularity. He was usually just the average amount of rude and obnoxious for a boy his age, but his temper ignited freely. Vinny more than frequently got in fights at school, where he proved his dominance and furthered his arrogance, but also worried his parents. In his early teen years they introduced to him to Pokemon and soon after battling. He learned to channel his aggression into that and upon entering his high school years became much calmer, though still obnoxious, cocky, rebellious and rude, but much less violent. But since Vin was pouring his fiery spirit into Pokemon, battling became very competitive for him and quickly developed into an obsession. It didn't hurt that he was pretty dominant at it either. After a few years of local battling, he dropped out of high school at age 17, leaving his wild social life and friends behind as he pursued the Sinnoh League and finished 3rd by the time he was 18.
Pokemon & their attacks:
1) Name: Veni
Type: Seviper
-Dig
-Haze
-Flamethrower
-Poison Tail

2)Name: Stuart

Type: Empoleon
-Drill Peck

-Scald
-Yawn
-Blizzard

3)Name: Archie
Type: Gliscor
-X Scissor
-Ice Fang
-Agility
-Sand Tomb

1) Name: Dallas
Type: Tropius
-Body Slam
-Leech Seed
-Air Slash
-Leaf Storm

2)Name: Gin
Type: Elektross
-Acid Spray
-Wild Charge
-Thunder Wave
-Dragon Tail

3)Name: Shot
Type: Mismagius
-Magic Leaf
-Psychic
-Confuse Ray
-Shadow Sneak

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
Years
Very nice cooker, Vinny gives me mixed signals because he's kinda odd looking. That's what makes him interesting though. Anyhow, I like the choices for attacks because they are all very strong attacks. Yet most are like dig and leafstorm,which could make the battles interesting. :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hey this sounds really interesting amy I reserve a place? I am going to start writing my entry today and hopefully finish by tonight or tommorow morning if that's alright. I'll edit this post to do so.

Party Pokemon:

514.gif

Simisear:
- Fire Punch
- Will - o - wisp.
- Sunny Day
- Double Team
512.gif

Simisage:
- Energy Ball
- Grass Whistle
- Solar Beam
- Double Team

516.gif

Simipour:
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Tail
- Rain Dance
- Double Team

Auxilliary Pokemon:

553.gif

Krookodile:
- Bulldoze
- Dig
- Crunch
- Rockslide

537.gif

Seismitoad:
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Muddy Water
- Rain Dance

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
With the pokemon pokemon, one can have up to six, right? I've noticed that there is no limit on it...Also, I'll finish this later. It's kind of late over here and I'm tired. XD

Spoiler:

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
Years
Hey this sounds really interesting amy I reserve a place? I am going to start writing my entry today and hopefully finish by tonight or tommorow morning if that's alright. I'll edit this post to do so.

Just to start off I'll enter my pokemon:

Krookodile:
- Bulldoze
- Dig
- Crunch
- Rockslide

Infernape:
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Brick Break

Seismitoad:
- Earthquake
- Surf
- Muddy Water
- Rain Dance

Lunatone:
- Hypnosis
-Explosion
-Pshycic
- Double Team

Drapion:
- X-scissor
- Cross Poison
- Toxic Spikes
- Hone Claws
There's no rush to get things started, I wanted to make another thread to answer questions and st00f. Once again I like the choice of pokemon moves, I was expecting a whole bunch of hyper beams and giga-impacts. :3 I'm a noob when it comes to B/w, so I will enjoy learning what bulldoze and hone claws do.

*notes the reservation
With the pokemon pokemon, one can have up to six, right? I've noticed that there is no limit on it...Also, I'll finish this later. It's kind of late over here and I'm tired. XD

Spoiler:

>.> Good eye theur, I just realized that I forgot to put a number on the amount of pokemon you can have. It's up you all if you want moar than 6. Anyhow, I am intrigued as to how you will use some of your attacks like metronome and extra sensory.

As for the custom moves, they are acceptable. However, I will note that using the lightning trap in battle will require some writing to make sure the readers can imagine how large and fast it is. :3 Otherwise, I like the move because it has a draw back and the healing part.

Edit: Take your time with your character. :P

Back