• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] [HELP] Moving textures in HGSS (SDSME/MKDSCM)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2020
    Whenever I try to make a map using textures exported from the game using SDSME, when I export that map to a .obj and then convert that .obj to a .nsbmd and .nsbtx using MKDSCM, and insert those into the game again, the textures will move in-game kind of like flowing water or flowers moving in the wind.
    I am not sure what causes this, but when I export an already existing map, import it in sketchup, then export a .obj and convert that to a .nsbmd, it works correctly upon importing into the game, this leads me to think I might be accidentally doing something wrong in making the model for the map myself. Does anybody have any ideas as to what is wrong?

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2021
    I know what's going on. Basically, in outdoor maps the game animates the textures associated with the first 8 materials (these are animations for water textures and the like).

To solve this, create 8 dummy materials in your sketchup model (call them something like _AA1, _AA2, and so on to ensure they show up in the first 8 positions) and paint 8 different dummy faces with those materials (you can put the faces somewhere where they cannot be seen in-game, such as under the map for example). You won't get this problem anymore.

P.S If you want to include water textures in your map then things get a little more complicated, but if you need help I can explain everything to you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2020
    Thank you so much, solved my issue completely. I'm sure I'll send you a message in the future to ask how to include water textures and other animated textures :)

Back